WS1065: Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabee42874

Premium Subscriber
I have a WS1065. I downloaded ARC500Pro and Win500. On ARC500 when I download to scanner nothing happens. On Win500 when I download to scanner it says the scanner isn't found. I checked the port in device manager and it says it's working properly. At this point I would manually program the scanner if I knew how. Can anyone help me?

ScannerSK

It sounds like the driver installed on your computer is not communicating with your scanner.

Try plugging the programming cable into your computer and then run Win500. In Win500 click on "Configuration" and then on "Programming Cables". Does anything appear under "Cable Serial Numbers"?

I can send you the original driver that came with my scanner if you would like to give it a try. Just send me a private request via RadioReference with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. It has never given me any problem.

Shawn

N8IAA

I have a WS1065. I downloaded ARC500Pro and Win500. On ARC500 when I download to scanner nothing happens. On Win500 when I download to scanner it says the scanner isn't found. I checked the port in device manager and it says it's working properly. At this point I would manually program the scanner if I knew how. Can anyone help me?

PC/IF port or Headphone port? Makes a big difference:)
Larry

Tabee42874

Premium Subscriber
It says 100-016 in the serial number for cables. Its a usb into the computer and like a big headphone port in the back of the scanner. I don't know what PC/IF port is.

Tabee42874

Premium Subscriber
It gives me the "nothing enabled" when I use the ARC program. I made sure the scanlist was selected when I transferred it. When I use the Win500 it says the scanner isn't found. I'm about to pull my hair out!

teufler

GO TO Control panel, then device manager, the under comports, see what comports are recognized. While looking at the comports, remove you program cable, wait a few seconds then insert again and she was comport was added. Thats you cable. You may have to search on the internet for the cable driver.

Tabee42874

Premium Subscriber
I checked the driver it said I had the latest updated driver. I unplugged it to see which disappeared to make sure I had the right driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.