Programming issue PRO-160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a fire group on line and have two PRO-160's. They were given to me last year by a fiend and came preprogrammed with the various regional fire frequencies. I have the cable and ARC-160 software. While trying to follow a local major fire, I discovered that I am missing several freq's but when I went into the ARC160 software, they won't take them and round up. It won't take anything like 154.2725 or anything ending in .##25 or .##75. It rounds up. I'm a complete radio idiot when it comes to this end. what am I doing wrong? The specs show that it goes out 4 digits so Im screwing up somewhere.

Anyone? I know they are old rigs and the last post about them was 6 years ago but it's all I got.

trp2525

I run a fire group on line and have two PRO-160's. They were given to me last year by a fiend and came preprogrammed with the various regional fire frequencies. I have the cable and ARC-160 software. While trying to follow a local major fire, I discovered that I am missing several freq's but when I went into the ARC160 software, they won't take them and round up. It won't take anything like 154.2725 or anything ending in .##25 or .##75. It rounds up. I'm a complete radio idiot when it comes to this end. what am I doing wrong? The specs show that it goes out 4 digits so Im screwing up somewhere.

Anyone? I know they are old rigs and the last post about them was 6 years ago but it's all I got.

Those radios were type accepted by the FCC back in 2007 so they are a little dated. I suspect the frequencies you are trying to program in are some "newer" frequencies that came about after narrowbanding occurred in January 2013. Some older scanners can handle the newer, smaller channel steps that have come about but some scanners were not set up to do that and will round to the nearest channel step available for that particular scanner..

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
I still have this radio and ARC-160. One agency I listen to is on 154.7625, it defaults to 154.760 and still receives ok. Should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.