• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Motorola Single Site & Capacity Plus DMR for Motorola 7550e

*Please delete, move or burn if previously discussed.

I have searched this site and others to no avail. I am attempting to program my Motorola 7550e with Single Site and Capacity Plus systems. It's rather confusing. Can someone help me with step-by-step instructions? Or can someone suggest a YouTube video have actually uses a 7550e and Motorola 2.0 CPS. The videos I see on YouTube use XPR 6xxx and older software. Thank you for any constructive suggestions.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Make contacts (talkgroups), fill in channel pool with freqs and color codes, build voice list (what feqs are which slots), build site list (each site's voice list into a site list), make the channels in the zone and let it rip. TT

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the response! Do I need to enter each frequency twice (due to Timeslot)?
Negative. You put the frequency and the color code into the channel pool. Then in the voice list, assign each frequncy to slot 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, up to 15/16 etc. If you need to "fill" slots in order to get the correct freq tot he correct set of slots, you may have to add dummy channels tot he channel pool. TT

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I should not have to say this, but do not transmit on someone's system. Please use receive only. The area I moved from (Tampa, FL) was full of hackers and pirates, these folks would load other's radio systems and harass legit users, which caused all system owners to RAS and encrypt their systems. The area I am in now (Phoenix, AZ) is much less secure and is a way better monitoring experience. Please do not wreck this. Also, many of us systems owners/maintainers enjoy direction finding malicious transmissions and are quite good at it. TT

I should not have to say this, but do not transmit on someone's system. Please use receive only. The area I moved from (Tampa, FL) was full of hackers and pirates, these folks would load other's radio systems and harass legit users, which caused all system owners to RAS and encrypt their systems. The area I am in now (Phoenix, AZ) is much less secure and is a way better monitoring experience. Please do not wreck this. Also, many of us systems owners/maintainers enjoy direction finding malicious transmissions and are quite good at it. TT
I have absolutely no desire to transmit but I'm glad you mentioned this as a PSA! Thank you so much for your help TT. I may have a few additional questions.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of RAS, if it's enabled on the system you wish to monitor (specifically with Key Authentication), you won't be able to listen without the key. Scanners can so it's not the same as them using encryption. It restricts subscriber access, as the name implies. If they're just using the RAS feature of Radio ID Range Check, I believe you should still be able to monitor then. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I work exclusively with Astro and conventional systems now, haven't touched a Cap + system in nearly 5 years!

Firebuff880

I have absolutely no desire to transmit but I'm glad you mentioned this as a PSA! Thank you so much for your help TT. I may have a few additional questions.

Based on your postings and lack of obvious skill with search tools, as there are a dozen or more threads here that are almost word for word your initial post. I would suggest you get a scanner with the DMS options and return the XPR to where you purchased it. That way you have a simple straightforward way to listen (assuming the Source the system is not encrypted ) and don't risk interfering with legally licensed operations.