Programming multiple radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert721

I have several radios(436 & 536), plus a friend wants me to sent up his radio for a different area (he is not scanner or software literate, he is just a casual listener). I want them to have different data in them. different FL, QK, systems etc... Is this possible using Sentinel? I have been searching and see that profiles can be different but has no effect on the FL or QK. I have experienced the profile issue and just gave up and set them all the same just loaded stuff and then turned it off.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes this is possible. It isn't easy and requires time and concentration

I have two different scanners and am using several different profiles. Which profile I use depends on which scanner and whether I'm travelling.

You can choose whether to download a Favorites List depeding upon the profile you wish, quite easily. However the trickier part is where you want to customize a Favorites List, as in different quick keys, systems and for a given profile.

What I've done when I want Favorites List "A" to behave differently in Profile "1" as compared to Profile "2" is this: Customize the Favorites List for Profile 1, then write it to an SD card. Then I'll "re-customize" it for Profile 2 and write it to a different SD card.

Instead of writing to different SD cards you could create some different folders on your computer. Then by changing the Sentinel Folder you can save these on the computer. Tools>Options.

The quicker option and definitely less confusing, is to bite the bullet and just create several Favorites Lists each set up as desired. Then depending upon which scanner, you can choose to download them via the different profiles.

Voyager

It's much easier to just install Sentinel on a second PC if that is an option for you.

Your one-install would have to contain the FLs for both scanners (and the FL/Sys/Dept/Site QKs would all have to be the same unless you duplicate the FL and change them in the second iteration of the FL), and the profile would have DL on for one scanner, and off for the other. Same with Monitor although you can change that from the menu once the FL is in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.