SDS100/SDS200: Programming SDS100 w/o Battery Present

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
I am currently experiencing battery issues with my SDS100. While I wait for a new high capacity battery to arrive, I realized that I may not be able to program the scanner via the cable and Sentinel software without the battery being present. This is because right now the only power source for the scanner is via the micro-USB power cord, which also serves as the programming cable. Is there a procedure for updating without the battery being present? I realize that I can remove the micro-SD card and move it to the computer, update it there, and then return it to the scanner. But, if I can do it via the cable, that would be preferred.

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that there is another micro-USB port above the charging port. I guess this is the programming port? Problem solved?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Programming is done via a USB-mini cable (not micro) The mini cable is supplied with the scanner. If you have a separate micro cable you can plug that in to the micro port above the mini port to supply power to the scanner. Insert the mini cable in port beneath micro for programming. Hope this makes sense
1702996835815.png

oceans777

Listener
I think if you change Battery Options, Set Charge While On you can just use the (or a) mini-USB cable to power, program the SDS100 from the Uniden USB plug or equivalent power, no battery. I’ve run mine that way just haven’t programmed it without battery.
I haven't used the mini-USB so not knowledgable about that option for both.
Of course not a good idea to charge while on with the battery in though. And if power to the scanner is lost suddenly the SD card files can/will be corrupted - not a big deal when you have it in Sentinel on your computer.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you have a SD-Card reader you can do all the programming to that. Take the SD card out, put it in the card reader, do all your programming and write it to the SD Card and reinsert the SD-Card. If you do a firmware update be sure to power the radio via either USB port.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
If you do a firmware update be sure to power the radio via either USB port.
You can do the Firmware update with the SD card in the external reader too...
When you unmount the the SD card and put it back in the scanner it will load the new firmware when the scanner boots up...