BC246T: Programming template

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsqlchU

Premium Subscriber
I'm a new member and I'm so far unable to program trunked systems successfully. I've been trying to set up a Motorolla VHF system. It seems that some of the terms are not universal between my owners manual, my ARC software, and this site. Is there anybody who would take the time to make up a template showing the data needed to complete this programming? I could understand what information goes in what location and apply it to the systems I want to listen to. I hope it's not too much to ask but I've run out of understanding on my own.
Thanks all.

SCPD

QRT
First take a deep Breath.
Then read up here, and there.
Easier to Read BC246T Scanner Manual
Then remember you can do either a hard reset or back up from the Computer.
In the Scanner and Computer there is away to reset to the default.
Now take a few more Breaths.
Just relax and take one Step at a Time.
First get through the easy stuff to get to know the layout. then post in your State/ Province for some Files for you to get a feel for it. Either after those Step you can figure it out or someone will help you or by that Point you know enough to narrow it down where you need Help.
I've been there and may others too where we were at a point where we where loosing it.
Saying why did I get this or that and second guessing our self and the either get the ....? or open up or someone pointing us in the right direction.
All of us here sometimes have a question or the Answer for someone else.

IsqlchU

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the encouragement. I should have also stated that I downloaded and printed off the "Easier to Read" manual about a week ago and I've reset the scanner three times. I've also downloaded programming from Radioreference which seemed to function but still leaves many frequencies with the "jackhammer" sound. I'm not ready to give up or sell my scanner (I've been looking at upgrading to a digital BCD396T or BCD996T but not until I figure this out).
I'm just looking for another way to get a grip on the programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.