• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programming tk-285

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netsky

Hi.
The tk-285 need a special files to program it?
how to program this thing!
in the programming software kpd-62d it calls for the network and frequency files. anyone know where to get these or make new ones?, because the program does not allow new files or modify.
he radio comes new unprogrammed.

thanks in advance

WX9EMS

Good luck with that. I had a TK-885 that I picked up cheap and had the same issues. I got rid of it, more hassle than what I wanted to deal with. Dealer wasn't much help either. They are a MPT1327 trunking radio.

Netsky

220 MHz has always bewitched me, I found many amateur and commercial models around there. When I heard about a business model by Kenwood from TK`s - 8** family i started looking for the `` treasure`` behind the rainbow, but .. I'm starting to think that is far from becoming one ..
nice outside - ugly inside ..

Last edited:

kb0sl

Premium Subscriber
The TK-285 can be flashed with the TK-280 firmware and programmed using the KPG-49D. There was someone a fewcouple of years ago selling the 285 and the 785 on ebay that they said they flashed these with the firmware from the X80 radios

Netsky

I've searched the net for almost three years and only found the software versions, but the FIRMWARE and code plug seems to be a `world's secret`, and i can't programming without it..

I've also seen dealers that offer programming for any Motorola radio starting at $ 25, but the 285 or TK-785 radios are around $ 80-100!. As it does not sound so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.