ProScan - 996P2 and 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
With the advent of DMR support, I've switched for FreeScan to ProScan to program my 996P2 and 325P2.

I keep the 996P2 at my office and the 325P2 in my car. Both of these scanners are programmed identically.

When I discover new frequencies, tones, talkgroup IDs, etc in my travels, I make the necessary changes/additions to the 325P2, adding/changing on the fly. Once a week or so, I'll download the 325P2's programming and then take that new database file and upload it to my 996P2. Rarely, I'll reverse the operation and upload a 996P2 database to the 325P2 scanner.

With FreeScan it was a breeze. Download the 325P2 and immediately upload that database to the 996P2.

With ProScan I get an error message advising it's not the same scanner type.

I've been unable to figure out how to do this in ProScan.

What do I need to do to upload a 325P2 database to a 996P2 scanner?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
With the advent of DMR support, I've switched for FreeScan to ProScan to program my 996P2 and 325P2.

I keep the 996P2 at my office and the 325P2 in my car. Both of these scanners are programmed identically.

When I discover new frequencies, tones, talkgroup IDs, etc in my travels, I make the necessary changes/additions to the 325P2, adding/changing on the fly. Once a week or so, I'll download the 325P2's programming and then take that new database file and upload it to my 996P2. Rarely, I'll reverse the operation and upload a 996P2 database to the 325P2 scanner.

With FreeScan it was a breeze. Download the 325P2 and immediately upload that database to the 996P2.

With ProScan I get an error message advising it's not the same scanner type.

I've been unable to figure out how to do this in ProScan.

What do I need to do to upload a 325P2 database to a 996P2 scanner?

Go to the Options -> General tab then check the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload.

{edit} That is one way. The other way is with the ProScan scanner type set to 996P2, open or create a new database file then import the 325P2 file into the 996P2 file

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Not to hijack the thread (but i probably am...)

I am also a convert from Freescan to Proscan with my 996P2 and 325P2.

Is there a way to GLOBALLY enable GPS when importing from RR database? Having to select the button on EACH site and EACH group is tedious... I hope I'm missing a shortcut somewhere...

Thanks,

Bill

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Not to hijack the thread (but i probably am...)

I am also a convert from Freescan to Proscan with my 996P2 and 325P2.

Is there a way to GLOBALLY enable GPS when importing from RR database? Having to select the button on EACH site and EACH group is tedious... I hope I'm missing a shortcut somewhere...

Thanks,

Bill

To set the Locations globally, go to the Utilities -> Find & Replace menu and click it. Choose All Systems or pick a system, pick Lat, Long , or Range for the param.

Last edited:

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry - I wasn't clear - I don't want to set ALL the LOCATIONS globally, I just want to ENABLE the GPS on the locations already associated with the system in the database.

Right now, when i import, the "enable GPS" button is UNSELECTED. It's a real pain on the larger systems to have to go to EACH site and EACH group and hit the "enable GPS" button.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry - I wasn't clear - I don't want to set ALL the LOCATIONS globally, I just want to ENABLE the GPS on the locations already associated with the system in the database.

Right now, when i import, the "enable GPS" button is UNSELECTED. It's a real pain on the larger systems to have to go to EACH site and EACH group and hit the "enable GPS" button.

The Location info does import from RR providing the location info is provided for that particular system. Is it not importing? Click the RR Web Page button and see if the info is provided.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
The location information IS importing - the location information IS there - but the "GPS ENABLE" button IS NOT SELECTED.

That means that you have to go through EVERY site and group in a system (MA State Police system has 25 sites and double that many groups!) to select "GPS ENABLE".

I'm looking for a shortcut to GLOBALLY ENABLE GPS when you import. Is there such a thing that I am missing?

Thanks,

Bill

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The location information IS importing - the location information IS there - but the "GPS ENABLE" button IS NOT SELECTED.

That means that you have to go through EVERY site and group in a system (MA State Police system has 25 sites and double that many groups!) to select "GPS ENABLE".

I'm looking for a shortcut to GLOBALLY ENABLE GPS when you import. Is there such a thing that I am missing?

Thanks,

Bill

No option in the RR Import Window. If I put that in then I would have to do the zillions of other options too. Use the Find & Replace. After Importing, it may be good anyways to review what's been imported and what options are set. You probably want to tweak the Text Tags anyways. See the image where you would change the GPS Enable.

Attachments

• FindAndReplace.png
    FindAndReplace.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 290

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Excellent!!

I knew I was missing something!!!

I am really enjoying using this SW - thanks for your hard work!

Bill

phask

Premium Subscriber
Go to the Options -> General tab then check the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload.

{edit} That is one way. The other way is with the ProScan scanner type set to 996P2, open or create a new database file then import the 325P2 file into the 996P2 file

Seriously - this seemingly leaves a lot to be desired...

Also getting this on am initial try - I know there is not 41495% memory used :) I had a similar issue with a 996p2 and a complete reset cleared it.

Is it possible to have a scanner type of 325/996? Seems to be possible as Freescan does, would allow seamless synchronization.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Seriously - this seemingly leaves a lot to be desired...

Also getting this on am initial try - I know there is not 41495% memory used :) I had a similar issue with a 996p2 and a complete reset cleared it.

Is it possible to have a scanner type of 325/996? Seems to be possible as Freescan does, would allow seamless synchronization.

It's on the list. The memory problem was fixed last week.A couple of users reported the problem to me via email so I was able to test with them and send them the fix. Next two or three months will be focused on the BCDx36HP then the rest of the year will be all other database stuff.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I am having the "memory problem" issue with my 996P2. Using the latest version of ProScan. It works correctly on my 325P2. This happened after importing my 325P2 database into a "blank" 996P2 database so I sync my 325 to my 996.

Thoughts?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am having the "memory problem" issue with my 996P2. Using the latest version of ProScan. It works correctly on my 325P2. This happened after importing my 325P2 database into a "blank" 996P2 database so I sync my 325 to my 996.

Thoughts?

There was a problem with version 11.6 inadvertently sending the system protect flag which was causing data left over in in the deleted memory area. Try clearing the scanner memory and reupload using version 11.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.