Proscan/C-CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

I asked this last year. But I never got a definitive answer,

I had asked, if when doing a trunked system. If the control channels are entered automatically. I was told 'no'. But never told, where to enter them. I have poured through the manual, w/o success.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I asked this last year. But I never got a definitive answer,

I had asked, if when doing a trunked system. If the control channels are entered automatically. I was told 'no'. But never told, where to enter them. I have poured through the manual, w/o success.
Control Channel frequencies are entered at the Site level. I'm not sure how you are entering in the systems. Are you importing from the RRDB (RadioReference DB), or a file, or manually? If you are importing from the RRDB then insure the Site/s near your location are checked so the control channels will be imported.

Chris0516

Control Channel frequencies are entered at the Site level. I'm not sure how you are entering in the systems. Are you importing from the RRDB (RadioReference DB), or a file, or manually? If you are importing from the RRDB then insure the Site/s near your location are checked so the control channels will be imported.
Not importing them. I made a site, within each P25 system.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Not importing them. I made a site, within each P25 system.
If you have the control channels displayed on a web site, you could use the Get Clipboard function to import them from the Win Clipboard or if you know what they are, you could input them manually.

Last edited:

Chris0516

If you have the control channels displayed on a web site, you could use the Get Clipboard function to import them from the Win Clipboard or if you know what they are, you could input them manually.

in a file or ,
Import was the wrong word. I meant, I didn't download them from RR. I did import them. But it seems like they are in the place.

I don't know why the screenshot is blurred. But if you look closely. You will notice several systems with Control Channel Sites, below talkgroups. That is, where I imported them to.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To enter them in manually, click on the Site node then right click then Click Add then Channel (Frequency) like the image.

Chris0516

To enter them in manually, click on the Site node then right click then Click Add then Channel (Frequency) like the image.

View attachment 87921

View attachment 87922
If I do, this-

1594313236480.png

But I choose the second option. It imports' ALL the channels vertically. After first. Doing a Ctrl-PrtScr at the specifically highlighted site.

Wouldn't that do the same thing. That you are illustrating above?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If I do, this-

View attachment 87935

But I choose the second option. It imports' ALL the channels vertically. After first. Doing a Ctrl-PrtScr at the specifically highlighted site.

Wouldn't that do the same thing. That you are illustrating above?
[edit] I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you trying to import from the Win Clipboard?
Click the button on the far right side "Get From Clipboard Frequencies Not Dependent on Delimiter". First, select and copy the frequencies from the web page to the Win Clipboard.

Chris0516

[edit] I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you trying to import from the Win Clipboard?
Click the button on the far right side "Get From Clipboard Frequencies Not Dependent on Delimiter". First, select and copy the frequencies from the web page to the Win Clipboard.
Don't you mean the ProScan Clipboard? I do this 'Get From Clipboard Frequencies Not Dependent on Delimiter'. So they line up vertically. But, That way, doesn't put the Control Channel, and the Alternate. Before any of the other frequencies. So, I have to do it individually. Like you first mentioned.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Don't you mean the ProScan Clipboard?
ProScan Get Clipboard imports from the Win Clipboard.
So they line up vertically.
Correct. Vertical just like the ProScan site frequencies.
But, That way, doesn't put the Control Channel, and the Alternate. Before any of the other frequencies.
The frequencies will show in the same order as the source. It suppose to work that way. If you want the control channels first then import just the control channels then import a 2nd time all the others or use a text editor to rearrange the frequencies.

Chris0516

ProScan Get Clipboard imports from the Win Clipboard.

Correct. Vertical just like the ProScan site frequencies.

The frequencies will show in the same order as the source. It suppose to work that way. If you want the control channels first then import just the control channels then import a 2nd time all the others or use a text editor to rearrange the frequencies.
I went back and imported all the rest of the frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.