ProScan: Proscan connection to external website

VK3YMML

VicScan Forum Owner
Hi all

I have Proscan 22.12 running successfully on my computer at home with a Uniden 436PT.
However my internet connection though Optus in Australia is running a shared IP, therefore
even if I attempt to share my feed no-one can access it.

I have my own hosted domain, is there a way that I can connect Proscan though this, or am
I reaching for the stars. I understand there is also a RadioFeed program with Proscan but
cannot locate if this will achieve the desired result

I have read a lot of information via various sources however cannot seem to find anything specific to this
situation.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Brett - VK3YMML
Melbourne, Australia

VK3YMML

VicScan Forum Owner
Are you refering to the Web Server feature?
Did you seup the router Port Fowarding?

So what I wish to achieve is -

[Scanner and Computer] ------- [Proscan or RadioFeed]-----------------------[Remote Hosted Website]

Port forwarding wont work in my instance, the IP address that has been allocated by Optus for our 4G Mobile internet connection
is shared. I have tested this with contacts local in Australia and Overseas

I run AIS and ADS-B feeds through to external sites which is fine, that's is what I am trying to achieve here

If its possible to have the server running and the end interface imbedded into a website hosted via GoDaddy

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue with StarLink using CGNAT so I can’t port forward my IPv4 address. I believe I may be able to use my IPv6 address and set up firewall to allow the ingress traffic to ProScan but haven’t worked through the details of doing it yet.

Maybe you can try this.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Per your facebook post
I can connect this via my externally hosted website with Go Daddy such as running my own Icecast or Shoutcast server.
Are you running the Icecast or shoutcast server on GoDaddy? If so then you want to use the Source Client feature. The router Port Forwarding does not come into play.

If the Icecast or Shoutcast server is local then you will run into the same problem as the ProScan Web Server with the router Port Forwarding.

My free RadioFeed program with the Web Server and Source Client works the same as ProScan except the Web Server has no remote control capability.

VK3YMML

VicScan Forum Owner
Per your facebook post

Are you running the Icecast or shoutcast server on GoDaddy? If so then you want to use the Source Client feature. The router Port Forwarding does not come into play.

If the Icecast or Shoutcast server is local then you will run into the same problem as the ProScan Web Server with the router Port Forwarding.

My free RadioFeed program with the Web Server and Source Client works the same as ProScan except the Web Server has no remote control capability.

I have not installed anything yet, just wondering if this is a viable option ... I gather some Google searches are in order and probably checking out the End User system via Godaddy

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Correction on my behalf, the site is registered with Godaddy but hosted with hostgator. They do not support icecast and or shoutcast - Ref: Not Installed/Supported by HostGator
Not a shared (computer) account but you can using a dedicated (computer) account accordingly to this:

And the reason hostgator doesn't want it installed on a shared computer is because it will take away the CPU utilization and bandwith from other users on the same computer.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a HostGator dedicated account running CentOS v7.9
I may in the next few days, install Icecast and see how well it works.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a HostGator dedicated account running CentOS v7.9
I may in the next few days, install Icecast and see how well it works.
I installed Icecast on my Hostgator dedicated account and used the ProScan Source Client feature to connect to the Icecast server. No issues. I didn't work on the audio quality or content. I just wanted to see if it could be done.

Untitled.png