ProScan: ProScan display going dark at times

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Had a couple things going

The network issue was caused by a faulty Iogear WiFi dongle

The no display was corrected by uninstalling ProScan and reinstalling it.

Many thanks again for the help.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Had a couple things going

The network issue was caused by a faulty Iogear WiFi dongle

The no display was corrected by uninstalling ProScan and reinstalling it.

Many thanks again for the help.
Thanks for the update. BTW, I never advise uninstalling and reinstalling. All that does is replace the exe file and if ProScan is installed in a different folder then the default config is used which can change the symptoms. I personally prefer to use a systematic troubleshooting approach to find out exactly the cause.

TGuelker

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
I am working above my skill level and have spent hours trying various things. With both a faulty WiFi dongle and a loose nut behind the wheel, I was at a disadvantage.

jjn555

Premium Subscriber
I've had this problem where my SDS200 screen goes black on my phone when I'm trying to listen to my scanner away from home. I can't explain why, but I can absolutely tell you how to solve it since this has been a sense of frustration for me for a long time. I bought myself one of these WIFI electrical outlets and I have my scanner plugged into it. I was initially a bit concerned of if my flash memory in the radio would be corrupted if I happened to remotely power the outlet off WHILE the radio was actively using the memory. I have to reboot my radio remotely at LEAST a dozen times in the past month, and EVERY TIME, I was able to bring it back to life remotely.

Here's the gizmo I bought to do it. I recommend it.