Proscan Software Looping

Status
Not open for further replies.

coralspringscom

Premium Subscriber
I am running two instances of PROSCAN software on the same windows 10 computer connected to two BCD996P2 . I am streaming to Broadcastify on two separate channels. Every month or so the audio starts to loop on a couple of seconds of voice. Both channels at the same time. I reset the connection to Broadcastify, but that did not help. I then closed both instances of proscan, and restart both. That fixed it. Not sure why this is happening, 2nd time in 20 days. Anyone experiencing same deal here or any solutions ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It could be the sound device/audio driver or mp3 encoder on the server side or the media player. Since you had to restart ProScan to get it working normally, I would focus on the server side first. If it happens again, turn on the ProScan audio Loopback. If the audio repeats then perhaps it's the sound device or audio driver. Go to the Win Mixer Recorder tab and turn off any enhancements to see if that works. If the audio does not repeat then perhaps it's the mp3 encoder. In that case, I don't think anything can be done as something deep in the OS interrupted the mp3 encoding process. ProScan doesn't have a circular buffer. The audio from the OS API is sent directly to the mp3 encoder then it's sent out to the internet in near real time, about 200 to 300 milliseconds.

Also you may want to try restarting the media players rather than resetting the connection to Broadcastify. The reason is that the media player holds audio in the network buffer and will loop the audio if the connection goes down. Restarting the media player will empty the network buffer. Also some media players have a loop or repeat option so you may want to see if yours does and turn it off.

Last edited:

coralspringscom

Premium Subscriber
Many thanks. Must be the Media software since I am using two different Audio devices. One that came with the computer and the other is an USB Audio . The audio drivers are different. Will do the WIN MIXER recorder changes you mentioned. The good and bad news is that this happens only every 20-30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.