Proscan Web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have an SDS100 and i recently bought the ProScan software. I'm trying to setup the web server. The web server works fine when connecting to my private IP address, but i have problems to get it working from a public address. My setup is as follow:

1- My ISP IP address is dynamic so it changes over time, i will call it ISP_ADDRESS it is of course a public address
2- I also have a VPN client and i have an IP address that may change depending on which VPN server i'm connecting to. i will call VPN_ADDRESS and it is also a public address.

Because those 2 public addresses are dynamic, I'm using a Dynamic DNS client client so i can reach the web server no matter what the address is. I have registered the name i want to use to access the web server.

The DNS client resolve the name to the VPN_ADDRESS and the ProScan web server also detects the VPN_ADDRESS.

In my web browser, if i go to ISP_ADDRESS:portNumber it connects to the web server and i see the scanner display and that it's scanning (no sound at the moment.

In my web browser, if i go to VPN_ADDRESS:portNumber it does not connects to the web server and i get a (This site can't be reached) error message

Of course if i try to connect to the registered name with the correct port number it does not work either because the name is resolved to the VPN_ADDRESS

I'v tried port forwarding in my router but it does not work.

Any Ideas ?

Sylvain

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have an SDS100 and i recently bought the ProScan software. I'm trying to setup the web server. The web server works fine when connecting to my private IP address, but i have problems to get it working from a public address. My setup is as follow:

1- My ISP IP address is dynamic so it changes over time, i will call it ISP_ADDRESS it is of course a public address
2- I also have a VPN client and i have an IP address that may change depending on which VPN server i'm connecting to. i will call VPN_ADDRESS and it is also a public address.

Because those 2 public addresses are dynamic, I'm using a Dynamic DNS client client so i can reach the web server no matter what the address is. I have registered the name i want to use to access the web server.

The DNS client resolve the name to the VPN_ADDRESS and the ProScan web server also detects the VPN_ADDRESS.

In my web browser, if i go to ISP_ADDRESS:portNumber it connects to the web server and i see the scanner display and that it's scanning (no sound at the moment.

In my web browser, if i go to VPN_ADDRESS:portNumber it does not connects to the web server and i get a (This site can't be reached) error message

Of course if i try to connect to the registered name with the correct port number it does not work either because the name is resolved to the VPN_ADDRESS

I'v tried port forwarding in my router but it does not work.

Any Ideas ?

Sylvain

Did you setup the Router Port Forwarding with this?
1. TCP (or TCP and UDP)
2. Computer IP port
3. Port # of the server

Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to see if the server can be seen from the outside.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Did you setup the Router Port Forwarding with this?
1. TCP (or TCP and UDP)
2. Computer IP port
3. Port # of the server

Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to see if the server can be seen from the outside.

Yes, i configured port forwarding. The tool says that i cannot see the port on the specified address. I think it as to do with the fact that the router sees the ISP address and not the VPN provider address and the proscan web server sees the vpn provider address and not the ISP address. if i disable the VPN software it works as it should.

mistermightymoose

Premium Subscriber
I have a router through my internet service provider. I also have Google Wifi Routers to provide a mesh wifi all over my house. I had to enable port forwarding on both the Google Wifi router and the ISP modem in order for it to work outside of my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.