ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nhp

For the new folks on the board, there is a control program for many of the Bearcat scanners called ProScan. Several of us have been using and serving with it for a while now.This program is great because it will let the clients (listeners) see the display of the scanner as they listen to the audio.
Bob just released an update that solved a problem I have been having with using the program to serve the audio on the internet. The program was unable to select any but the default audio card and only served a monaural stream. Where I use two scanners and feed a stereo stream to both scancolorado.com and Shoutcast that caused a bit of confusion to people trying to listen to and watch the screen as the audio may have been coming from another scanner.
For those interested there is a free client available that will show the 25-30 scanners that are currently being served to the internet.
http://proscan.org
For those who have a full time connection to the internet and are interested in serving their audio the first step (and easiest) is to e-mail Gordon at scancolorado.com. If you have one of the supported Bearcat scanners and want a pretty nice control-programming application, that will also serve the audio and frequency information, take a look at ProScan. Bob is very receptive to suggestions on how to make the program better and more user friendly.

Bruce

Scan-Denver

FYI - The encoder that is provided by Gordon at scancolorado.com will also do the job provided you are using scanner control/programming software (such as Trunkstar or ARC 396/996) that will show the channels in the tool bar. This in turn when using winamp or real player will show the channel info. Using this method eliminates the need to use your machine as the server and avoids eating up your internet bandwidth. Chris and I both use this method on our feeds streamed on scancolorado.com and it works very well. Best part is - the encoder and media player are free !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.