I have The PV keys and i just updated the 436 this morning and then i seen the PV link how do you get to the DL link to input the key?
Per UPMan, their Customer Service should be able to process it, too, but likely they don't know how.
Deleted - Voyager beat me to it.
He always does!
It was a bit convoluted to enter the key but I think I got it done right. Entered my key correctly I believe so, what, now just sit back and let the scanner load the appropriate frequencies when I enter a zip that has PV users?
Hi.
I was finally able to get the PROVOICE upgrade today. But when I use the tuning knob on the 536hp I dont remember what to do to get the second number and so on and so forth of the licence key to show. Would anybody jelp me please?
Thanks Sheldon.
Press 4 and 6 to change/move back and forth among the fields. don't forget the dashes. once you have it right push down on the knob to enter it..
I always thought it was a shame Uniden could not have added feature entry keys and WiFi settings keys by using Sentinel and the computer keyboard. That would sure simplify things when you must use long WiFi keys!
The ProVoice key should never go away but I've lost my WiFi key more than once.
Never figured out what triggered the WiFi key loss either.
I think it could have happened when I inserted a new MicroSD card possibly but I've never been able to duplicate the problem.
Today, I swap cards as I update them and have not lost a WiFi key in ages so who knows.
I've also never figured out where the key is stored, in the dongle or in the radio or on the SD card.
I'd venture a guess that it's stored on the sd card, when you put a new card in you had to re-enter it.
Could have lost it before due to power loss creating read/write error on the card? Just a stab in the dark..
Look at the profile.cfg file. open with notepad. I bet it's in there!
Hello.
I just wanted to say that I got my PROVOICE upgrade activated via the Butel software that I have for my BCD536hp but am I supposed to do anything with my Sentinel software as far as activation goes?
Thanks Sheldon.
Hello.
I just wanted to say that I got my PROVOICE upgrade activated via the Butel software that I have for my BCD536hp but am I supposed to do anything with my Sentinel software as far as activation goes?
Thanks Sheldon.