PSR-500 Discriminator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick33

Does anyone have any info on a discrim. tap for these? Looks like I'll need one, can't get any decoding s/w to work with audio or the built in tap on the data cable. Gota hate that on a new $500.00 toy. Thanks for all the info............

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone have any info on a discrim. tap for these? Looks like I'll need one, can't get any decoding s/w to work with audio or the built in tap on the data cable. Gota hate that on a new $500.00 toy. Thanks for all the info............

There ya go, blame it all on a brand new scanner.

1. You have to make sure to turn CCDUMP ON.
- PGM, then FUNC, then GLOB
- scroll down to bottom usign arrow keys
- toggle CCDUMP ON with the left-right arrow key
- Save the settings

2. Did you install the driver off of CD? You've got to install the driver in order for the OS to know what the cable is. Once you think you've done that, plug the cable into the scanner and then into your USB Port on your computer. Then wait for it to indicate that it detected the cable. Then go look in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports (COM & LPT) and find out what COM port the USB cable is associated with.

Then set up your application appropriately. Tune to a known control channel (that you can hear audibly and reliably) and see what happens.

Sure, it could be the scanner, but more likely operator error. It happens to everyone sometime.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
See my above post for suggestions. As for an actual audio discriminator tap, I haven't seen any documentation on the tap point for a PSR-500 / PSR-600 yet. I'm interested myself just for the hell of it.

Mike

Dick33

Done all that! I have some other posts here explaining my prop. with the PSR-500 and UniTrunk. I cant get them to work yet. All the decoders work well with discrim. taps, then with anything esle.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Thanks :) Ya know, I think I even posted in that thread. I now remember reading it, but I'm guessing at the time I probably hadn't had a PSR-500 yet. I put a link to that in the Wiki for the PSR-500. Maybe Rich or someone will create a more detailed entry directly in the Wiki if they find time.

Sure looks easy enough. I think I'll do it here in the next few weeks.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.