PSR-500 memory and possible glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

As of right now my memory readout in global is saying i have a toltal of 720 items with 15% available. Yesterday, i had to clear out a lot of stuff because i was at just over 1,000 total items, it was not over 1100- but my remaining memory got down to 3% and 1% depending upon how much more i stored into the scanner during searches.

This is what i don't get- there is supposed to be 1800 total objects that i can listen to in one main memory. Why is it that i can just get to over 1,000 and have my memory remaining almost to nothing. Im wondering if there is a fix to this one. Overall the scanner is outstanding, but i think a good upgrade to the memory would be more capacity to store locked out and active talkgroups without worrying about whether or not there is sufficient memory remaining to store. There may be a setting im over-looking which will remedy my situation.

Another thing i noticed yesterday for the first time. I can go into global, change a setting, or actually program a object in a scan list, then i hit SCAN and the control channels i have programmed will not track right away as it once did. I have to turn the radio off, then back on again- then it does it's thing.

I don't know what was causing this. I was hoping it wasn't the new upgrade for the patch stuff i downloaded off the net into the radio. It's back to working as it should today with exception to one episode of what i mentioned above. I hope it's just the fact that when the radio goes to reaquire the control channels that it's simply a slight reception problem because im in a fringe area. I notice at times that even with dB boost from the antennas and a good signal, sometimes that can be scratchy sometimes.

I just want to make sure i post this in case there is a bug in my radio somewhere and someone else is getting the same thing.

mikey60

As of right now my memory readout in global is saying i have a toltal of 720 items with 15% available. Yesterday, i had to clear out a lot of stuff because i was at just over 1,000 total items, it was not over 1100- but my remaining memory got down to 3% and 1% depending upon how much more i stored into the scanner during searches.

This is what i don't get- there is supposed to be 1800 total objects that i can listen to in one main memory. Why is it that i can just get to over 1,000 and have my memory remaining almost to nothing. Im wondering if there is a fix to this one. Overall the scanner is outstanding, but i think a good upgrade to the memory would be more capacity to store locked out and active talkgroups without worrying about whether or not there is sufficient memory remaining to store. There may be a setting im over-looking which will remedy my situation.

There are a total of 1852 object blocks. Some objects take up more than one block.

A CONV object takes 1 block (so you could have 1852 conventional channels)
A Motorola or P25 TSYS object takes 10 blocks
An EDACS or LTR TSYS object takes 4 blocks
A TGRP object takes 1 block
A SRCH object takes 2 blocks
A SWPR object takes 2 blocks

If you had one Motorola system, you could have up to 1842 talkgroups associated with that system, assuming you didn't enter in any other systems, conventional channels, or search/sweeper objects.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.