PSR-800 issues with a BRAND NEW radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I just remembered I have very similar issues when I had one go bad.

Have you tried another card? What about trying a memory card adapter so you don't use the radio at all?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bubbabubba

sorry-i am a member and provide two feeds to RR.

but, no phone calls back from gre tech support.

should i just send this puppy to them or am i doing something wrong here?

Jakemcgraw

sorry-i am a member and provide two feeds to RR.

but, no phone calls back from gre tech support.

should i just send this puppy to them or am i doing something wrong here?

Just a thought, did you try by removing the micro sd card from the 800 and put in a card reader and reformat from the pc software ?...Except for the once when i updated my firmware also, i usually always do mine in a card reader.

bubbabubba

Yes, I have formatted both cards about 10x using the low-level formatter mentioned on the GRE website and an external micro-sd adapter.

Yes, I have registered with GRE and submitted a ticket. I spoke to Mike last night for about an hour. I have tried another computer, and have been able to transfer data to the scanner for the first time via USB. I do see "program not responding" several times during the transfer but if I leave it alone it eventualy responds. I am going to continue building out my ezscan files today and try again.

I appreciate everyone providing ideas and suggestions.

I am still not sure what the issue is. The computer I had been using is running win7 PRO, and is a newer Dell but it was having issues sending the data via USB with ezscan. The computer that has worked 1x is an older Dell laptop running Win7 Ultimate.

Jeff

jackj

Could the problem be the difference between a 32 bit OS and a 64 bit OS? Is EzScan and it's drivers compatible with 64 bit systems?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Could the problem be the difference between a 32 bit OS and a 64 bit OS? Is EzScan and it's drivers compatible with 64 bit systems?

Mine works just fine on a couple PCs running Win7 64 bit (Pro & Ultimate).

I think its his PC. Might need to update the drivers for his motherboard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber

They work fine on my 64 bit version of Windows 7. The original software that came with the CD would not work (would not install on my system) but I downloaded a later version from the GRE site and that works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.