PSR-800: PSR-800 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
As a rule I always use autofill. For what it's worth.:)

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Hello I have done what you have said to do not having luck. It is not your fault it is on my end a lack of knowledge. I am wondering should I do a factory reset and start from the beginning If you agree if you could give me a step by step I probaly can get this done . Thanks for all your help so far . Here is what you sent me . I tried renaming file it would not let me . Anyway thanks for all your patience ... Take Care going to work soon

Attachments

• CDAT_2019-10-03_11-27.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 8

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
it is a simulcast system? These scanners are hit and miss on simulcast.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hello I have done what you have said to do not having luck. It is not your fault it is on my end a lack of knowledge. I am wondering should I do a factory reset and start from the beginning If you agree if you could give me a step by step I probaly can get this done . Thanks for all your help so far . Here is what you sent me . I tried renaming file it would not let me . Anyway thanks for all your patience ... Take Care going to work soon
If you do a factory reset, do it before loading the new file. That is not the file I sent you. Everything in Barrens Co was totally wiped out. It looks like you did a library update. As configured with the scan sets, you will not scan anything. I am attaching the original file again. Make sure that you write it to the scanner without changing anything. Do not make changes to the original file (Niles Michigan 2). If you make any changes in the configuration, save it to a different file name. The original file has been renamed Niles Michigan 2 to avoid any confusion the old name may cause. Go to the File tab. Click on Restore From Archive. Click on Niles Michigan 2 and Open. You will get a message: Overwrite Warning. Continue with Restore? Click Yes. The file will load into your configuration. Go to Scanner/SD Card tab. Click on Copy Configuration To Scanner Memory/SD Card. When Proceed with Copy shows, click Yes. If drive is correct, click Continue. It should start writing to the scanner. If another screen appears, Click on Copy Folders.

Attachments

• Niles Michigan 2.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 6

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
This is so aggravating. I do what you say and nothing changes . I see it Niles Michigan 2 all files open not zipped .Then I see file name with nothing in it . I click open then nothing .I just do not know what is going on..I have been messing with this for allmost 2 hours and nothing. I apperciate your help but I am lost.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Now when I go to file and select restore from archive nothing happens ?? . I am totally lost.. 2 and a half hours and nothing. Again I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP BUT I am going to bed it is 1:45 am...

tvengr

Well Known Member
You never answered my question about your software. Does the top line read GRECOM PSR-800 Digital Handheld Scanner? There should be a red GRECOM to the left of that. I just want to make sure that you are using the same software. I verified the instructions by doing the same thing using my software and it loads with no problems. You will not see anything in the file by clicking on it. You have to open it using your software. When you go to the File tab and click on Restore from Archive, your file explorer will open. Find the Niles Michigan 2 file and click on it and then click open. You will get the warning about overwriting and ask if you want to continue with restore. You click yes and the file will load into your software. If nothing happens when you click on Restore From Archive, your software must be bad. It should go to the file explorer for you to find Niles Michigan 2, click on the file, and then click on Open. If the software is bad, I will have to find a site for you to download and re-install it. I have the executable fire, but it is too big for me to post on the forum for you to copy.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I think it is time to re-install your software. Go to the GRE America Inc. link provided by ka3jjz and download GRE PRS-800 EZ ScanDG Utility Manager. Once that is done, Unistall your old software first before installing the new software. Hopefully, with the new software, when you click on Restore From Archive, it will go to the file explorer so that you can find and open Niles Michigan 2 to load it into your configuration. If that is successful, just follow my earlier instructions to copy the configuration to your scanner.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Hey Thanks for Help..I hope I am not testing your patience. If you are in Niles I can give you my cell number maybe if you are free tomorrow we can talk.. My cell is 269-870-2040..Text me if you are interested.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for all your help. I asked a ? on the michigan forum if anyone from the Nilesarea has a psr-800 set up for Niles loacl channels the file you sent me has a lot of extra channels I do not need . Again thanks for all the Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.