PSR-800 Scan-lists question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I am awaiting a PSR-800 return from Whistler after the Legacy upgrade.

With the ez scan software ( I’m guessing it will be downloaded automatically when I connect the usb cable)

Can I just enter the zip code, select service and enter that info to a separate scanlists for each adjacent countries.

Seems better to do it that way and just enable any scan-list for listening.

Any ideas from forum members

Thanks stay well, live long and prosper

John

N1FKO

Premium Subscriber
I make use of the virtual scanners support, the default scanner is 'mine', with all my chosen conventional frequencies and a trunking system.

I like to experiment with the database, so scanner number two might be all the services selected by city, and scanner number three might be all the services selected by zip code (interestingly, these end up being very different results with zip code bringing in many more frequencies from nearby counties).

In any case, I recommend virtual scanners to let you try things out.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Download ezscan for the WS1080 now from Whistlergroup.com. Follow the direction whistler will send with the scanner to load the drivers.

You can program EZSCAN now, do not do zipcode, select "preferred" under the library import tab. go through and pick what you want as opposed to getting the entire file cabinet loaded into the scanlists of the scanner. Use the database on RR to get familiar and pick out before you do it in ezscan.

Status
Not open for further replies.