PSR800 front-end programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

HELP! I'm on vacation without my PC and I somehow forgot a huge chunk of my programming. Is there a way, using the scanner's "Browse Library" programming method, to load a TRS two different times, selecting a different site each time? I want to be able to force the scanner to lock onto certain sites depending on where I am, but every time I re-load the TRS, it over-writes the existing download. Can anyone help?

troymail

Silent Key
HELP! I'm on vacation without my PC and I somehow forgot a huge chunk of my programming. Is there a way, using the scanner's "Browse Library" programming method, to load a TRS two different times, selecting a different site each time? I want to be able to force the scanner to lock onto certain sites depending on where I am, but every time I re-load the TRS, it over-writes the existing download. Can anyone help?

I don't think so - at least not in the same VFolder/VScaner. It's probably not what you want but you can create a 2nd VFolder/VScanner (of course won't help if you're trying to force monitoring of two different trunked sites).

You could try modifying the name of the system after the first import to deconflict but I think the radio uses the RR system identifier internally so that may not help either.

EDIT: Oh wait - this is an 800 --- hmmmm.... maybe not.

ocguard

Thanks for the reply. I thought for a second that the v scanner fix might be my magic ticket. Sadly, I don't have any v scanners created that aren't chock full already, and you can't create a new one from the front end. Oh well. Next year hopefully I'll have a G5 and not have to worry about locking onto sites and stupid LSM issues.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
when you go to import the same TRS it should give you the option where you can change where you store it under a new scanlist if you have a empty one open. That is how I do it sometimes when at work and not around my pc. I think it is called

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks for the reply. I thought for a second that the v scanner fix might be my magic ticket. Sadly, I don't have any v scanners created that aren't chock full already, and you can't create a new one from the front end. Oh well. Next year hopefully I'll have a G5 and not have to worry about locking onto sites and stupid LSM issues.

Doesn't the 800 have a VFolder backup option? You could do that, then clear it and store a new config.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
not sure never saw that on there. I know radio shack had a v-folder but not sure about the 800

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
V folder

Radio Shack Pro-18 does not have v folders. The Grecom PSR 800 does. If you have them upgraded by Whistler, they both are the same with v folders.

ocguard

when you go to import the same TRS it should give you the option where you can change where you store it under a new scanlist if you have a empty one open. That is how I do it sometimes when at work and not around my pc. I think it is called

Right. It does allow you to select where you want the talk groups to go (scan lists), but it re-imports the system, not duplicating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.