PSREdit500 vs ARC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What are the differences? Not including the pro verison of ARC500.
There's not really a big difference. Both can access the database for imports (as long as you are a Premium Subscriber, which you are).

The difference is in the onscreen look and accessing the various items you need. Both have free trial periods, so you can download either, or both, for an up to 30 day free trial before purchasing. You may find you prefer one programs layout better than the other, but that's a personal preference, not on whether the software can do the job. (Either one can work.)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is it just down to layout?
Yep. How it looks on screen, as well as navigating the steps needed to perform various actions. But as already noted, either of these, or Win500, can handle your programming.

A number of people on RadioReference have one or more ARC programs (from Butel) for other scanners, and prefer the 'look and feel' of the ARC software. So, those are often inclined to lean to ARC500. I have all three programs.

Use the free trial periods, then decide which one you prefer.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can you still buy Win500? I though the owner disappeared.
Technically, you can still purchase it. But results have been scattered. Some get their key with no problem, others never do & have to file a claim with PayPal or their credit card company.

And yes, the owner has for all takes & purposes, seems to have disappeared.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have used several of the ARC programs for different brand of scanners for their consistent layout, much as I do RT Systems for my HTs. My biggest complaint is unlike RT Systems, the Butel policy to recover lost registration keys is less user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.