Push Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've got this bar across the bottom of my screen asking permission for push notifications. Before I get rid of it, what am I missing by not having the notifications?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I tried it once, and nearly immediately went into settings and disabled it... I visit the pages enough.. Don't need the added notifications popping up..
Especially on the PC... Why Sad :unsure: It is what it is.. :geek:

spongella

Premium Subscriber
I keep getting a notice "Radioreference.com Forums would like your permission to enable push notifications." What is that all about? Thanks.

mciupa

Depends how much notification from this site you want, if you enable it. You might like it on your phone to be alerted for something you are following if you are off site, but I use my laptop a lot and once they started piling up in my Windows Notifications on my laptop, I opted out.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
more here:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I used the notification option and when I go on the site with my phone I have a number of replies next to the Bell on the top of the page. I follow or watch all of the threads I am currently involved in or contributed to.

It also notifies me of any one who quoted me or reacted to me. You just tap the bell and it list all the activity of your threads you watch.

The key here is NOT to check the box off that says email notification. That would be very annoying. I don't get any notification other than when I go on the site in my phone and there is a number next to the Bell, also there's a number next to the envelope to tell you about your PMs.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
What devices are currently supported for push notifications? Apparently my iPhone XR is not. Missing the days when tapatalk was used and I got notifications saying someone had replied to me or posted in my home state forum.
What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.