• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Puxing 728 Password / Reset ?

OffGrid110

Hope this is the correct section to post this query ?

I've recently acquired through eBay a MAX728 HH unit, which is basically a rebadged Puxing 728.
Having eventually found the correct software program it seems to have asking for a password - assumedly set by the previous user (not the reseller). Is there a default password (tried the obvious 00000, 12345 etc) ?
Alternatively is there a master/ factory reset that could be performed which will definitely remove the password (need to reprogram channels etc anyway) ?
Appreciate any help or suggestions.

inside4rom

If v.04 dont read dump, let me know, i make for you test version with some fixed bytes for Puxing and we di test again, problem about i not have this radio in hands for play, but programming protocol ust be similar 90% with older baofengs 888s etc..

OffGrid110

Thanks for the suggestion - your program I guess ?

Went through a number of 'buttons presses whilst switching on' combos, one of which cleared the channels but NOT the password. Through patience and logic I actually managed to find the password.
Morale of the tale : if buying used radios always worth checking whether they are passworded 👍

inside4rom

So my 16 Channels commander is read dup from ur Puxing ? Or you find another way extract password ?

Actually i want o add this walky talky to software, but dont have in hands for test. Algo is 99% similar baofeng..

OffGrid110

No, I didn't download your program, just 'found' the password manually.
This radio is a Puxing 728 and reads differently from any of the other Puxing models that I've used so far (has it's own Puxing software) and is definitely different to the Baofengs.

inside4rom

No, I didn't download your program, just 'found' the password manually.
This radio is a Puxing 728 and reads differently from any of the other Puxing models that I've used so far (has it's own Puxing software) and is definitely different to the Baofengs.

Plz test this version for Read Info, Read Dump, Write Dump, Read-Write Channels settings. Its 100% Safe! Because you can read memory dump before.

OffGrid110

I'm using work PC's so I'm not able to download any unauthorized software. Good luck with it though 👍

inside4rom

Hope someone other can test my software with Puxing 777 - 728 series... Because algo i take from PX-728V3.exe , what also download from internet and try disassemble for look inside. I have doubt with timeouts only, Another things hope work fine.