question: 851.0375

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Im confused, (what else is new)
Can someone tell me what site frequency 851.03750 MHz is assigned to....
Salt lake county ?

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Im confused, (what else is new)
Can someone tell me what site frequency 851.03750 MHz is assigned to....
Salt lake county ?

It shows up on the UCAN license for Nelson Peak but also on a SLCounty licence that isn't currently listed on any system. Do you know about the frequency search functions near the bottom of the state page. I use those constantly to research frequency use.

If you can track the frequency to a system we can add it.

-Tim

mrlthse

Maybe...

You know sometime we talk in different languages, However we speak the same words...
Tell me more and maybe I will understand your di a lect...

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure who it is assigned to, but UCAN Nelson Peak is who is using it, (LCN 1). Per Universal Trunker

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I added 851.0375 to Nelson Peak per Gary's assignment.

You know sometime we talk in different languages, However we speak the same words...
Tell me more and maybe I will understand your di a lect...

Okay, I'll try again... :p

When I log traffic on an unfamiliar frequency (in Utah), I go to the Utah state page and use the frequency search facilities at the bottom of the page:

1) I enter it in the Search Utah Identified Frequencies box to see if it is anywhere in the Utah portion of the DB (conventional or trunked) to see if that indicates the correct user (correct location, tone, etc.). If it doesn't, then ...

2) I enter it in the Search Utah FCC Licenses box to see who the FCC has licensed that frequency to in Utah. Usually the FCC list will be much longer than the number of actual users, including cancelled licenses. So this doesn't give me the answer of who is using the frequency, but it provides a list of the most likely candidates.

3) From there it's all a matter of listening and putting the pieces together--a fun bit of detective work.

4) Once a likely user is identified, submit to the DB!

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.