question about unknown frequency PD uses

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio49242

The police where I live (City of Hillsdale, Hillsdale County, Michigan) use some type of communication I can't seem to find using my Uniden BCD396T. I can scan the main dispatch and a few secondary channels just fine, but they have a radio in their cars that they switch to every now and then. All I know is that they call it "six six" ("go to six six"), and they can only use it when they are in their vehicles, and it's got a limited range.

Any idea what that is?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they have a channel that you don't know of? You could check the RR database or the FCC database.

N5TWB

Check other city frequencies (trash, parks, water/sewer, etc.) to see if you can find a match on that designator as suggested by KD2DLL. In the Oklahoma City area, a multi-jurisdiction drug task force got on a digital commercial radio service for their "private channel."

SCPD

QRT
Some Pds will have a simplex in digital or analog that is a input to a public works frequency or other input from a licensed frequnecy city has. just because its s input for a say parks dept for a repeater that has a recieving freq doesnt mean they cant utilize it. You might want to tap in those input freqs an see if you hear anything. I'd also do this with county freq inputs its possible they could use a county input set to low power with it. It is done where I am at.

SCPD

QRT
It's possible what kd2 said about the six six or like here on moto radios instead of having say zone 2 ch 1 it is zone 2 ch 17. So 66 would be in that concept zone 5 ch 66 which would be zone 5 ch 2 used on a simplex in theory used from another depts input licensed that city.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if I could find it on some FCC Database, but I haven't had any luck.

I found a bit of freqs for your area on there, but am not sure if their the ones you want? I could send you a PM with the links if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.