question

Status
Not open for further replies.

res3cue3

Ok I know this is most likely posted someplace, but I have not found an easy answer. So I'm going ask here and continue searching. I just received a 996xt as a gift and I'm new to this type of scanner. I have a premium subscription to RR and downloaded freescan. Im trying to program Howard Count MD FD and PD, and Mont co Fire and PD. I actually have them loaded already, but here is the question. Can I break them into groups and then easily jump to just one group or the other? (ie Lets say I wanna stay on just the Howard FD channels etc) is there a way make it so I can maybe just hit a number key and Im there? I did just watch a video on freescan programing and am gonna try those changes. I'm have been on the easier guide to the actual scanner site along with others and I must be missing it.

Thank you

krd400

Depending on how many groups you need you could assign a quick key 0 - 9 to each group and toggle which group(s) you want to listen to. If you need more than 10 numbers you need to set up sites and assign them each a quick key and you could then break each site down into groups also with quick keys.

The way I've set up my bcd996xt is by setting up a system and naming it the state I want to monitor then I set up a site for each county and finally a group for each service within each county I want to listen to ie: police, fire, etc. This way I can just press a number on the key pad to toggle a site and/or a group off and on. And you can do all this on Freescan.

res3cue3

Ok I'm gonna try this. I'm trying to read as much as I can, but stuff starts going over my head and I get flustered. Thanks for the help

troymail

Silent Key
You can "Group" the talkgroups however you want and then assign a quick key to the groups.

For example, you can group FIRE and assign that group quick key 0; POLICE can be quick key 1, etc.

res3cue3

ok how do I make the quick keys work? I have Howard county as one and then each dept as fire 1 pd 2 etc. and mont 2 then each broken down, but how do make the quick keys work and then scan just those quick keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.