Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablice

1) West Sacramento City belongs in the City Trunked Site or the County Trunked Site?
Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (Public Safety) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies

ETA: A bit unclear what goes where in that page: airport talkgroups = county or city? the city map showing location of transciever is not far from city hall, but since my 396T doesn't do multi-sites per system, I can't put them all into one system. /edit

2) EOC = Emergency Operations Center? Control? Command?

3) Shouldn't really be in here, but...Freq 151.3025 has an invalid step...perhaps it's 151.3250?
Department of Forestry & Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

dljosephson

2) EOC = Emergency Operations Center? Control? Command?
Center.
3) Shouldn't really be in here, but...Freq 151.3025 has an invalid step...perhaps it's 151.3250?
Department of Forestry & Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Nope, that is a correct frequency. Many scanners won't tune the new VHF frequencies which are midway between the old 15 kHz channels, yielding 7.5 kHz steps. Unfortunately you can't make a radio with uniform 7.5 kHz steps from xxx.000 MHz because 7.5 kHz doesn't divide evenly into 1 MHz ... so the radios need to have 2.5 kHz steps and a lot of manufacturers don't get it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Ref your question 1. It is a single system, any TG can appear on either site. Indeed the system admin can restrict certain TGs to certain sites, but without actually being there and testing, no one can guess if that is invoked here.

Ablice

This database is pretty cool, I'd like to extend my thanks to those who work on it.

Am aware of the great work that goes into this thing.

Complaint 1: The alpha tags aren't so hot...but I'll take it that most scanners only support 10 digit uppercase/numerals only...
Complaint 2: Abbreviations are ehhh...what is San Diego SID? CID? NTF? UIC? In programming my scanner I must manually reprogram something vague like "DAITACS3" (the wincy face on the scanner user's face tells all :)) into "S.DistAttnyTac3" which means "South District Attorney Tactical 3"...

Status
Not open for further replies.