Quick SD memory card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

I should receive my TRX-1 tomarrow. Just a quick question. I believe it comes with a 4gb card. Is it recommended to get a larger storage one?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not unless you are planning on putting massive amount of systems and frequencies in your scanner and recording a lot, leaving the recordings on the SD card.

When I got my TRX I thought I'd need a larger card, too. I have several duplicate systems each with about 7000 RIDs and 3000 TGs in the list on at least 4 of the systems, another system with about 4000 RIDs and 500 TGs, I record some of the TGs and leave them on the SD card for a period of time, have 25 systems from across the state (some that seldomly get used but are there) along with about 2300 conventional channels. That said, I just checked the amount of space used and see I've only used about 244 mb of my 7.39 gb available.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Smaller card, faster boot time, no need for any card over 8gb as long as 4 or 8gb cards are still available...do get a spare and program it, make sure it is CLASS 4, Sandisk work. Not all cards are compatible. Amazon has them for under $7 shipped with prime.

Ubbe

I have partitioned my card to 2GB and as Whistler let you select exactly what you want to record, like unknown TG's and nothing else, it doesn't fill up the whole card with unneccesary recordings like Uniden scanners do. 24 hours of Whistler recordings take up 700MB.

/Ubbe

rayvelcoro

I have partitioned my card to 2GB and as Whistler let you select exactly what you want to record, like unknown TG's and nothing else, it doesn't fill up the whole card with unneccesary recordings like Uniden scanners do. 24 hours of Whistler recordings take up 700MB.

/Ubbe
how do you configure it to record only unknown TG's?

Ubbe

how do you configure it to record only unknown TG's?
Whistler has an advantage over Uniden in the recording function as you can set a wildcard TG, a function that Uniden doesn't have, and set parameters to it like sound and light and record and a very long delay time, and it will only be used for TG's that haven't been programmed in memory.

That is exactly what you want, to have only recordings of TG's that you know nothing about, if you do unattended searches.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.