R8600 R8600 udp audio

ArloG

I see other Icom radios allow audio streaming over LAN using udp.
I've set my IP to static and have all parameters set correctly for static IP configuration.
Am I missing something? I've lowered the audio port to 48000. Can see the radio on my network with an IP scanner.
Port scan shows 48000 is open. Just because I've set my router to port forward 48000 to the radio IP.
In VLC I've tried connecting to hear streaming audio with the following:
udp://<radio IP>:48000
and
udp://@<radio IP>:48000
Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure the R8600 will continuously stream its audio over UDP unless the user authenticates to the radio first.
This post linked here shows are user trying to do the same thing as you.
Login and connections protocols for IC-R8600
It is a little unclear, but it looks like the user can connect to to the UDP port, but no audio is sent because he can't authenticate to the radio.

There is one person who probably knows for sure, Elliott, userid "kilocharlie8" here on RR.
He is one of the authors of the wfview software (which does control and stream the audio of the R8600).
Both wfview and Icom's "Remote Utility" force you to configure the credentials needed to authenticate to the R8600.
I suspect that you need to authenticate to the radio before it starts streaming audio.
Good luck.

ArloG

Thanks. Authentication into the radio didn't even occur to me.
In VLC and a few other media player apps. didn't give much help. They cover playing a udp stream but not authentication.
I tried udp://<user>:<pass>@ 192.168.xxx.xxx (xxx being my lan info). Nope. No joy.
Looked for other udp audio clients with the ability to enter credentials. Nothing there either.
Been a while since I used wfview but will give it a shot.

It's just too bad that developers of programs such as satdump and dsd+ focus on rtl and similar radios and skip by others that can provide an
I/Q output straight into them.