Radio Euphoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3RXH

Premium Subscriber
Just caught Radio Euphoria on 6925 at 04:30 UTC. A mix of music and Irish themed "comercials". Did anyone else catch it?

Jhkayakr

Where are you located? All I had last night was "WBCQ, The Planet" on 6925AM at that time. The "Wavy Gravy" show. A S5-7 signal on the Mid Atlantic coast of USA.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I don't know what you were listening to, that's not an authorized SWBC frequency which is why its a pirate favorite. Somebody was broadcasting an old tape or an edited one, Wavy Gravy (Hugh Romney) America's favorite hippie these days is on Sirius' Jam On station.

Jhkayakr

I was on 6925AM, the theme was apparently monkeys, they played "pleasant valley Sunday" , by the Monkeys, a song called "monkey boy", mentioned WBCQ the Planet numerous times, played "Peter cottontail", mentioned the "Wavey Gravey" show, used the "F***" word many times, references to Captain Ganga, etc.
I had a signal just above background noise, I wish I could have had a better ID. I realize it is not a standard HF broadcast band. I though it was a pirate rebroadcast of WBCQ, or may be Captain Ganga. I'm not sure, but a lot of mention of WBCQ. A parody perhaps?
Thanks

KB3RXH

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Pittburgh, Pa. I only caught the very end of the broadcast, and had a lot of background noise. I did clearly hear an ID of Radio Euphoria, so I figured that was the station I heard. I guess the last post clears things up...they were playing rebroadcasts of other stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.