Radio Feed software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I may have asked this before. But would some direct me on how to setup the software to be used with the uniden's 436hp and how to setup the radio for such a purpose.

If I have asked this before I am very sorry for repeating the question/issue.

Thanks for all the help.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I may have asked this before. But would some direct me on how to setup the software to be used with the uniden's 436hp and how to setup the radio for such a purpose.

If I have asked this before I am very sorry for repeating the question/issue.

Thanks for all the help.

Your question is vague so I'm not sure if you need help with setting up RadioFeed Source Client, Web Server, Text Tags (Metadata), etc..If you are still having trouble after reading the following links then advise in detail on what you have done so far and where you are having the problem/s. Below are the basic steps for streaming text tags. Read the following links first.
  1. Connect USB Cable
  2. Install serial driver
  3. Set the RadioFeed baud rate to match scanner. I recommend the highest 115.2K
  4. Set the RadioFeed port to match the computer port connected to the scanner. Check the
    Windows Device Manager for the port assignment of the USB converter

Here are a couple of links to help you get the BCD436HP setup.

Read the section on "Connecting the USB Cable" - Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

Read the section on "Windows Serial Drivers" - BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

If you need instructions on the RadioFeed Source Client or Web Server then click this link.
RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

AC0RV

Feed Provider
No, I have the scanner and the senital software working like a charm.
I would like to my 436hp for my scanner feed from time to time. Just need to help on how to set it up.

When I had my 396t running with the feed it worked. I have seen moved the scanner to another computer and loaded the radio feed on to that computer. Its works as just as well as it did when it was on my laptop. I have looked the device manager and it shows ? by the 43hp in the port section.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No, I have the scanner and the senital software working like a charm.
I would like to my 436hp for my scanner feed from time to time. Just need to help on how to set it up.

When I had my 396t running with the feed it worked. I have seen moved the scanner to another computer and loaded the radio feed on to that computer. Its works as just as well as it did when it was on my laptop. I have looked the device manager and it shows ? by the 43hp in the port section.

The HP type scanners are different with the dual mode (mass storage / serial port) USB connection. Sentinel works in the mass storage mode so it's an Apples and Orange comparison. The question mark in the Device Manager is a problem. It needs to be fixed before anything else. I don't know what you've done so far or why the question mark appears. I can't recommend any corrective action as hardware and driver installation is more plug and pray and can cause system conflicts especially the USB devices therefore something else may break. That being said, what I would do on my machine is start over by disabling the port, uninstall the driver, and delete the port. After that I would follow the instructions in the links.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
It's working now. I had download and install the windows serial drivers file on the Uniden Page that manual you gave me

Once I am able to get a 536HP it should work as well on it as seems to for the 436 HP.

I have to edit the file for the scanner before I place it into service.

I can use the 396t as backup for now when I go on trips and/or need to take the 436 hp for other purposes.

Thanks for the help.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok now two questions :

How do I get the alpha tags to show instead of the Unit IDs.

Also how do I get them not to show on Channels with no Unit Ids ( ie conventional systems, etc)

Anyway take a listen and see what I still to need to

Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.