• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

radio kill

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochele1

Hi

I want to know how can i send RADIO KILL command to a specific radio with MDC enabled ?

will appreciate if you help me

CommJunkie

The radio needs to support sending a kill command, and the radio you want to kill needs to support receiving a kill command. You can't just send a kill command for a specific MDC without the proper configuration.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Hi

I want to know how can i send RADIO KILL command to a specific radio with MDC enabled ?

Just asking.

If you had the authority to do so, and were properly trained on your radio system.....Wouldn't you already know how to do this? To the least, get the radio folks whom installed your system to do it for you.....if they knew you to be authorized to do so?

Why do I smell revenge and/or being "ticked off".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/285885-gps-gm300.html#post2145580

thanks to all for analyzing me , yes i'm in dominican republic and we do not follow FCC , here people are not interested in digital radios because those radios are expensive , we are not rich like you guys , we still believe analog system is better due to low costs of maintenance and equipment.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hi

Everything I have ever read or heard about MDC and Radio Kill indicates that this is a console only function and isn't sent from mobile or portable to another. The dispatch console has to be properly programmed for this function. In most systems, it takes supervisor or management authority to use the command.

So unless you have a console capable of being setup and programmed for this, the answer is that you can not do it.

rochele1

Everything I have ever read or heard about MDC and Radio Kill indicates that this is a console only function and isn't sent from mobile or portable to another. The dispatch console has to be properly programmed for this function. In most systems, it takes supervisor or management authority to use the command.

So unless you have a console capable of being setup and programmed for this, the answer is that you can not do it.

thanks steven , all radios i have are GM300 / MDC enabled , now what type console i can buy and can i find used on ebay i.e. ?

rochele1

Just asking.

If you had the authority to do so, and were properly trained on your radio system.....Wouldn't you already know how to do this? To the least, get the radio folks whom installed your system to do it for you.....if they knew you to be authorized to do so?

Why do I smell revenge and/or being "ticked off".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/285885-gps-gm300.html#post2145580

FF - Medic !!!

you smell revenge , because you are also member of those persons who make decision without enough knowledge ,

by the way i don't see any necessity to explain you why i'm looking for this option ,

rochele1

The radio needs to support sending a kill command, and the radio you want to kill needs to support receiving a kill command. You can't just send a kill command for a specific MDC without the proper configuration.

i have developed a dispatch software ,now all taxi drivers when want to talk their pictures and ANI show up on screen , if they do not pay on time , their number would be red and operator can not give service to them , i was thinking if i could send a Code or something to those who didn't pay that would be great because they can't listen the services and when they paid i send a code to activated again .

so do you have any idea now ?

domes

You may want to research the MDC "kill" function. I'm not familiar how Motorola MDC "kill" works but other systems such as Fleetsync or Nexedge have a kill & stun function. Kill completely disables the radio and it can only be reactivated with a hands-on reprogram. Stun mutes the speaker & PTT but the radio can receive reactivation over the air.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Radio "kill"

Since we still don't know exactly what type you want to silence, there is no answer. Even if we did, the expense for the console and programming could stop your plans before you silence any radio.

com501

This sounds like a question for your RADIO DEALER to answer for you. Go see them, this is what they do FOR A LIVING. Quit trying to half arse a solution when you aren't even sure you know what you need.

Besides that, the GM300 isn't capable of advanced signalling. It can send MDC and acknowledge basic alerts, but AFAIK it isn't capable of advanced commands. You need something with a more advanced controller, perhaps a Kenwood with Fleetsync capability. Besides that, you STILL need someone knowledgeable in setting this up, it isn't just buying some used carp off of eBay and hoping it works.

GO SEE YOUR DEALER.

rochele1

thanks to all for your explanations , well with these prices and difficulties i think i have to forget about it , i thought with a simple code or some tricks it's possible but as scannermanner1 said $18,000 ,,,Oh no i can't pay such money

thanks again guys for helping and responding .

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Some of the more advanced deskset tone remotes will do it. I think I paid about $3,000. Can't remember if that was each or for the two...

SCPD

QRT
Kill message

Ya know this got me thinking,some people have been reporting their P25 system's have frequencies in the band band section of their scanners changed resulting in "no joy" or a loss of a system.Does anyone think
they can do the same thing to a non authorized scanner receiver?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't Trbo support sending remote disable commands from a properly programmed radio?

com501

All Trbo radios support remote enable/disable in digital mode. This is why it is important to make sure that your dealer properly sets up your radios so that some douchebag with a trbo radio doesn't kill all your housekeeping radios on Friday afternoon just before checkin. (Or turn off all the security guards at the Mall)

rochele1

the problem my friends is that radio dealers here are not authorized reseller , they learnt from this one and that one , and their information is not up to dated , this is why i'm asking my questions here , really i prefer local dealer but when i ask and they say "AAAA YES but it's expensive " ..and i ask again ok how does it work and ask for more explanation ,they don't know exactly ,
they only heard there such systems in motorola .

this is the problem amigos

Also turbo radios are digital gm300 is analog ,

Status
Not open for further replies.