Radio Lab

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Does ISP have a radio lab in Collinsville? Can you monitor it ?
Don't remember seeing anything about Radio Labs in RRDB

N9JIG

Sheriff
They used to have a radio lab at Springfield's State Fairgrounds but it has been decades since I was there. At the time they used 155.925 around the whole complex, I would presume the lab guys had that available if needed.

Much of the work then was building consoles for the District posts as well as building out vehicles. I think they handled squad car and specialty vehicle building for many of the central and southern Districts.

As for something at Collinsville I don't know as I am no longer in the Midwest much these days.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
ISP refers to the garage they use to install and program ISP radios as a "Radio Lab" in "old" Troop 15. Nothing to monitor specifically. Can't speak if other Troops use this reference for reprogramming. "Maintenance code" is used at Troop 3 for example, not always mentioned about radios.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Collinsville has a radio lab. That's (one of the reasons) why you'll often hear random talkgroups on the Madison and St Clair County towers. Unfortunately, they encrypted the talkgroups they use a few years ago, because the knew we were listening to them.