Radio Reference Dat Base Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
When I see on the RR Data Base map that indicates a location near me has been updated, I click on it and it shows me the city that was updated. I click on the city and it takes me to the frequency page. How can I tell which of the frequencies has been updated without downloading or comparing frequency by frequency? Is there a way to use a color to show the updated frequencies?

Thanks

kma371

QRT
When I see on the RR Data Base map that indicates a location near me has been updated, I click on it and it shows me the city that was updated. I click on the city and it takes me to the frequency page. How can I tell which of the frequencies has been updated without downloading or comparing frequency by frequency? Is there a way to use a color to show the updated frequencies?

Thanks

In the left column, click on "history" to see what was changed

or

Green listings have been updated in last 24 hours, yellow listings have been updated in last week.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
yes

Yes, I know about the green and yellow coding, but when I click on the color code on the map on the Database main page, it takes me to the city / county area to click on, then when I click on the city or county, I am taken to a listing of frequencies for that specific city / county. But there isnt a way to tell which one, two or any of the listed frequencies have been changed. I realize that the frequency list is a database report, but carrying on the color code or some indication next to the changed frequency would be of great help. Right now, I have to do a compare of my current frequency list to the listing in the database to see which has changed. Or am I missing how to look at the RR frequency list which would let me see at a glance which frequency has changed?

kma371

QRT
Yes, I know about the green and yellow coding, but when I click on the color code on the map on the Database main page, it takes me to the city / county area to click on, then when I click on the city or county, I am taken to a listing of frequencies for that specific city / county. But there isnt a way to tell which one, two or any of the listed frequencies have been changed. I realize that the frequency list is a database report, but carrying on the color code or some indication next to the changed frequency would be of great help. Right now, I have to do a compare of my current frequency list to the listing in the database to see which has changed. Or am I missing how to look at the RR frequency list which would let me see at a glance which frequency has changed?

Also, sometimes the frequency doesn't change at all. Sometimes the tag of the frequency was updated, the description was updated, the PL/DCS/NAC tones changed etc.

All of those things equal a "Change" and the DB will reflect that.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
is this better?

Please look at the attached .jpg file. I've used the "history" function before. Looking at the screen shot, there is only 1 entry that lists the frequency that was updated and what it is. Now look at the other history information... "Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety) System Updated (Updated Talkgroups (1 Updated))". Please tell me, by looking at this entry, in the public safety talkgroup, what was changed?
Now look at: "Frequencies Updated (Updated: 2, Deleted 0) for City Services". What 2 frequencies in City Services, Santa Clara county, were updated? or how about: "Agency: (Businesses) was updated" What Business in Santa Clara County was updated? It would helpful to me, and I'm sure other members to see a color or symbol on the actual data base frequency list as to what has been changed. Or if “history” is the only place to put this information, then list the information as you did with “Added Frequency 155.9025 (Public Works (53)) “.

Attachments

• history.jpg
    history.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 492

hfxChris

Database Admin
Please look at the attached .jpg file. I've used the "history" function before. Looking at the screen shot, there is only 1 entry that lists the frequency that was updated and what it is. Now look at the other history information... "Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety) System Updated (Updated Talkgroups (1 Updated))". Please tell me, by looking at this entry, in the public safety talkgroup, what was changed?

Looks to me like TGID 912 was updated, as it is hilighted green.

Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Santa Clara, California - Scanner Frequencies

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am thinking that either you are playing a game or you just don't see the forest for the trees in the way.

The history screen that you posted was gotten to by way of the page that shows the updated data. It is yellow by now, but it is still there. If you don't see it as yellow then you have a computer problem. Did you click the link supplied in the answer to your question or do you want to continue to argue the same invalid point?

In response to your question of business frequencies; did you look on the county page for the business section or did you think that the history page would provide a link?

While I will admit that there are times that an update might be mysterious, removal of partial data comes to mind, this is not one of those instances. Perhaps we can move on now.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
No Game

I assure you loumaag, I'm not playing a game. Perhaps you see the answer because of the time you have spent working with the database, and you've run out of patients for newcomers like me. As you are a moderator, I find your insult uncalled for.

It is said a picture paints a thousand words. Would it have taken some much time to add a screen shot of what any of you were referring to as I did? Perhaps I'm looking for a more detailed database layout, in any event it's apparent that I will not get the explanation I am seeking. Please close the thread.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I think I see what's going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the sequence of links you would have clicked to get where you are
California -> Santa Clara County -> History
The event in the history in question is "Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety) System Updated (Updated Talkgroups (1 Updated))" - this is telling you that a talkgroup was updated in the trunked system called "Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety)" - you have to actually go to that trunked system to see what exactly was updated.
So, from the main Santa Clara county page, scroll to the very bottom where the list of trunked systems is, and click on the "Santa Clara, City of (Public Safety)" system. Then you will see the talkgroup hilighted green. Or yellow now, because it was over 3 days ago.

As far asthe businesses are concerned, they're also near the bottom of the county page, just above the list of trunked systems.

Attachments

• SC-TGS.jpg
    SC-TGS.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 399

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I assure you loumaag, I'm not playing a game. Perhaps you see the answer because of the time you have spent working with the database, and you've run out of patients for newcomers like me. As you are a moderator, I find your insult uncalled for.

It is said a picture paints a thousand words. Would it have taken some much time to add a screen shot of what any of you were referring to as I did? Perhaps I'm looking for a more detailed database layout, in any event it's apparent that I will not get the explanation I am seeking. Please close the thread.
Steve,
I can assure I was not trying to insult you. I was trying to figure out how you could skip the highlighted material and move on to the history screen without seeing the highlight. Either you were playing a game with us (and trust me, it would not the first time someone was baiting the community) or your computer was not displaying the highlight. As for closing the thread, there is process in place for that, provided there is a reason to close it. As the OP you can request it through the process but that does not guarantee it will be closed. There has to be a valid reason given requesting the closure. For more details, please click the link in my signature block.

Status
Not open for further replies.