RadioReference 4.1 Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Will the new site work with Google Chrome? SA does to a degree, However, when I click on a feed. Chrome wants to save the feed as a file. Where as IE or Firefox open it in the default player.

The fact that Chrome wants to save the file is a function of Google Chrome... there's nothing that RR (or any other web site) can do about it, sorry to say.

I'm a Chrome user and I find this "feature" of Chrome to be annoying as well,

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
OK, ran the Beta site on Chrome. The embedded audio player works great. but when I click the Listen for media player, it opens a "Save file as" box. when saved to a file, I go in, right click, Open with+Media player and WMP asks if I want to convert the file. I click yes and WMP comes back with an error saying its an un-known file extension, would I like to search for an appropriate program.

I'll try this later in Opera as well.

SCPD

QRT
The fact that Chrome wants to save the file is a function of Google Chrome... there's nothing that RR (or any other web site) can do about it, sorry to say.

I'm a Chrome user and I find this "feature" of Chrome to be annoying as well,

Peter
K1PGV

Thanks - looks like I gotta use Internet Exploder on RR .....

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to submit an application for feed provider but the link doesn't seem to be coming up for me.

This is all I get

Getting Started With Live Audio

Content coming

Last Updated: 2009-06-19 17:09:15

This link http://web1.radioreference.com/apps/content/?cid=5 doesn't seem to be working.

Looking to possibly switch providers for streaming of my feeds, and this looks like it may be something I might be interested in.

This is the region and counties that I can cover with OPP/Fire/EMS/MTO/MNR/MilAir

Quinte Region, Ontario Canada

Covering Frontenac County, Hastings County, Northumberland County, Peterborough County, Lennox & Addington County, Prince Edward County

Oh and where are our Canadian feed providers? I know Durham Region, Ontario is in the works, is there any others?

Last edited:

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I had to re-request for the audio stream. Couldn't find my patch cable till now.. :) Just waiting to get going here..

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
I think I found a mistake on one of the feeds:
http://web1.radioreference.com/apps/user/?uid=2409
The last feed listed is for Sevier County Tennessee on his list. (This person is in California)

On Scan America it is listed as this:
Sevier County, Tennessee Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners

Is the provider listing on RR incorrect? Just curious.

It's probably correct. He may live in California, but he may have setup a feed that is in Tennessee, could be a parents house, a sibling, or other relative that's offered their scanner or he's provided one.

I currently have a feed setup in Southern Ohio that is covering Parts of WV, KY, and Ohio. I can remote into the computer that it is connected to if there are problems with the software. And my parents are capable to do some things if the computer is having problems.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Now I have one critique now that test import has been done. The lines between each county in a state need to be darker or black at its hard to see each county. Yea they are highlighted when you mouse over, but it just doesn't look right!

Other than that, everything is pretty cool!

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
I think I have found another bug. This one belongs to the Status Message that can be displayed.
On my Northwest Ohio Feeds in Putnam, and Hancock County I set a status message saying "Alpha Tags Available in Winamp".

The Status ONLY shows up for the Primary Feed in Putnam County, but NOT in Hancock County.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Now that the test feeds are deleted, do those test providers need to re-apply for a feed?

Last edited:

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Know that the test feeds are deleted, do those test providers need to re-apply for a feed?

The test feeds were deleted, then the existing Scanamerica Feeds were imported. That's what is being tested now. IMHO so far so good.

SCPD

QRT
I noticed mine was up also over here, er well on the Beta site. I'm sure any feed tech support might come Monday or Tuesday after Gordon and Lindsey work through the issues and post-rollover bugs. I too need some changes, but I'll sit and wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.