range

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
Is there a method to exceed the 50 mile radius? I have a scantenna on top of my house and it gives me ranges up to 90 miles.

safetyobc

50 Mile radius? On the GPS settings?

You could program the frequencies outside the 50 mile range manually that you want to hear into their own favorites list.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not really necessary. Range parameter is in addition to the service radius specified in the database. So if the service radius in the database is 50 miles, and you specify a range parameter of 50 miles, the scanner will acitvate that site/channel if you are within 100 miles of the GPS coordinates in the database. Even if you specify a radius of 0, you will still hear a bunch of stuff.

trunker

Is there a method to exceed the 50 mile radius? I have a scantenna on top of my house and it gives me ranges up to 90 miles.

With the database no. You have the 50 mile max location range setting plus the programmed range (1-6000 miles) for the sites and/or departments (which you can't see until you import them into a FL, then edit the list).

FLs with 'Use Location Control' set to On, yes. But you will have to change the programmed range for each site or department. I just leave my location range at 0 and program all my department and site locations that I want to hear for any given location.

Status
Not open for further replies.