• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RCA Dealer

N2PDQ

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
61
Reaction score
19
I see this has been discussed before, but didn't see a resolution.

I have a RDR9000 Repeater, with a BRM300d mobile, and a RDR5220U handheld.
Looking where I can purchase the cables and software.

Really would like to get the equipment on the air

Any dealers around that would sell me whats needed?

Thank You all
 

N4KVE

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
4,452
Reaction score
1,229
Location
PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
Last I heard they won’t do that. But if you get the equipment to them, they’ll be glad to program the equipment for you at the going rate.
 

N2PDQ

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
61
Reaction score
19
Thanks for the reply. I know they would.


Still would like to maintain my own radios.
 

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
28,778
Reaction score
37,401
Location
United States
I had a department bring me a few RCA radios that they got tricked into buying. I tried for quite a while to get software/cables to program them. There wasn't any way I could figure out how to get them. I finally gave up, had them send the radios back, and buy some Icom's.
 

headsense

Member - Learner Driver
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
28
I am not located in North America but have a copy of an RCA dealer licencing agreement that was distributed with an RCA programming software package for that region (not the one you need by the way). Essentially "The first rule of Fight Club is that you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule is also that you do not talk about Fight Club." I assume one of the strategies to protect the dealer / distributor market share and generate a continuous income stream past the initial sale given the type of low cost product and market they are targeting. You have to try all avenues but a highly public and regulated forum such as this one will likely yield little. Maybe some luck over your most southern border or just pay the man and move on. Good luck.
 

RFI-EMI-GUY

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
8,562
Reaction score
6,000
I had a department bring me a few RCA radios that they got tricked into buying. I tried for quite a while to get software/cables to program them. There wasn't any way I could figure out how to get them. I finally gave up, had them send the radios back, and buy some Icom's.
Erik Estrada (CHiPS) did some ads for RCA radios,,,, briefly.
 

N2PDQ

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
61
Reaction score
19
You are correct. Struggling actor. LOL
 

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
125
Reaction score
101
Location
Bay Area
Discount Two Way in California is the biggest pain in the ass to deal with. The will not sell the RCA software or programming cables, they want you to send the radios to them everytime something needs to be changed. Just stay away from any RCA radios. At one point they were selling P25 radios, that offered "AES" encryption, and we asked them how do we keyload the radios, and their answer was we had to share the key with them, and they would load it. Hard pass.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Pittsboro IN
I stopped in our county health dept today to talk with our MRC director and saw about a dozen RCA BR250Us in chargers. A previous director ordered some and then they bought 6 more. The last batch is on a different freq than the first from what they know, I did not have my freq counter to see if it's only a CTCSS issue.

The nice(?) folks at dtwr.com want $200 per radio to reprogram so I'm looking to help our MRC guy. I went to their site and when I clicked on the
'click here to speak to a radio expert' mmkenna called!

I'm going to try the email in the post above.
 

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
28,778
Reaction score
37,401
Location
United States
Top