RCS NextGen testing thread

billybob

Premium Subscriber
The system is 21 years old. It's time for a new system. Tell me when was the last time you were honked on the RCS trying to to get cover from a low lying portion of the county on your hand held radio. I have, and it's not fun knowing if your call for cover went out. This system has better coverage and those blackout areas are fewer and far between. It's a safety issue.

ProLaw1

Howdy just a curious ? for you all, There is a PDF file in this tread regarding the old RCS TG# and the new TG#, Are these new TG# confirmed to be correct or Not, And if correct when will these be available in the database to program my scanners. Thanks all

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
For now, looks like most of the HEX ID's of the RCS are carried over to the NextGen, because they share a central controller. I posted a couple of how to's to convert your current RCS systems and groups to NextGen...also workd for SD City 800 to 700 conversioins.

Paul

Howdy just a curious ? for you all, There is a PDF file in this tread regarding the old RCS TG# and the new TG#, Are these new TG# confirmed to be correct or Not, And if correct when will these be available in the database to program my scanners. Thanks all

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
OK, sports fans. Look for the North and West cells to kick in Wednesday morning. The migration is on.

I remember monitoring the switch to the RCS in 1997 or 1998. You’ve come a long way and done a lot of hard work since then. Looking forward to NextGen!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Should we expect Escondido Fire to vanish from the current RCS tomorrow? :oops:

Paul

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Looks as if the fun has started. Looked at West Cell on Unitrunker -- several new frequencies available today compared to yesterday. Already see Escondido Fire TG's showing up on the Join list.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
North Comm and Escondido FD sound great in P25. What a difference from analog! I have had to do some antenna rearranging, as reception is finicky and what worked well for the RCS doesn’t work so well for NextGen. The Unication G4, by the way, is nearly flawless on NextGen.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Mister, if I knew where Sentinel saves it's programming data, I would send you my copy of SDS200 working NextGen and 700 complete. :(

ProLaw1

As well Escondido and Northcom sounds great on my Uniden BCD325p2 on the P25 NexGen, I hope soon that the database will be updated to reflect the new TG# changes, so I do not have to program my scanner the hard way trying figure out new TG#

hodad200

As well Escondido and Northcom sounds great on my Uniden BCD325p2 on the P25 NexGen, I hope soon that the database will be updated to reflect the new TG# changes, so I do not have to program my scanner the hard way trying figure out new TG#

You’re happy with the nextgen on the 325?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
996XT receiving the Phase 1 Escondido and Northcomm dispatches pretty well last night...996XT likes NextGen better than SD 700. In a blind scan test, 4 out of 5 scanners agreed. :)

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
What? Using a 996XT for NextGen? I thought NextGen is phase2. Shoot. I might as well sell my 2 SDS200 to you Paul. Name your price....

NextGen is hybrid. If all of the radios in a talkgroup are Phase 2 capable, the talkgroup will operate Phase 2.
As agencies continue to update their subscriber equipment, more will operate Phase 2.

Don