Re-designing the database (by county)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
As we see and know the future of the entire state gravitating toward the use of MPSCS, I feel it will become increasingly difficult to find all TG's and towers on the HUGE database as it stands right now.

Could the administrators and web designers of this website consider breaking down the system by county, listing the county towers and TG's? Yes it will be a difficult task but i think it can be done.

We are seeing a decline in conventional frequency use every day. It seems pointless to keep the database in its current format.

This would help A LOT with programming new scanners and radio equipment.
Just my thoughts.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about something in addition to if your a premium member you can download excel files in CSV format. Once in excel you could sort etc.

View attachment 82671
No. I'm not sure how to explain it better. instead of showing "freq, license, type, tone, description" as shown on normal, Show the TG, mode, and description.

Basically showing only the TG's used by the county, not having to go into the large system and scrolling to find the counties, etc.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
The sticking point I can see is with the sites; there are many sites that have coverage areas which cross county lines. In order to thoroughly monitor a particular county, it may be necessary to program sites in adjacent counties. (And if, like me, you plan for the contingency of a site going down...)

(I'm sure that has been considered, but I wanted to put it out there just to be sure. Mr. Blanton and the RR peeps are smart, but they're human and can't be expected to think of EVERYTHING....)

Status
Not open for further replies.