re: sim 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdbir

re: sim 11

Can anyone tell me if this is used in analog or digital mode ?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ummmm..... kind of need a little more information. You could be just about anywhere.... Are you talking about Sim11 on Fleetnet in Ontario? If so, it's analog.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
In the future, you should likely post in the Eastern Ontario forum. Likely get better results.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget too, it's a NFM channel, not an FM ch. not that it matters.

Oh and Forts, I think you meant the Eastern Canada Forum, but isn't that where we're at right now? Or was this somewhere else before. I don't know, I just saw this posting now.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The old NOR Spectra radios that were upgraded/reprogrammed to talk on SIM11 aren't narrowband...again, not that it makes a whole lot of difference.

dvdbir

NFM actually does make a difference

Testing is being done in the Timmins area now... I programmed my scanner with both FM and NFM and I found that NFM elliminates the echoing noises caused by the microwave setup and the modulation is much clearer. Just thought I'd throw that in. OPP just started radio testing on-line today, and the MTO has been on-line for approx. 2 weeks.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Never really checked the database but what I've got indicates that Sim 1 and Sim 11 are both FM channels not NFM.

I'm not sure what you are hearing echos but microwaves will not cause echos.

Status
Not open for further replies.