Rebanding for EDAC systems?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

adanvdowaya

I've been trying to do as much reading on the rebanding and narrowbanding issue as I can. As I uderstand it for the EDAC Systems all that needs to be done is manually reprogramimg to proper frequencies into the radio that you are using. Is this true? If so what is the formula that is used? Someone told me that it is a 15khz step down or something like that. PLEASE can someone give me the formula and is it true about adjusting the frequencies. to get the EDAC systems to work. I live in the Hartford area and they run on that type of system. I know they have a cross patch but I believe I'm missing things. Thanks for all the help in advance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correct, all you need to do is reprogram the scanner with the post-reband frequencies. Assuming you're referring to the City of Hartford EDACS system, the new frequencies are listed in the database:

City of Hartford Trunking System, Hartford, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies

Just for reference, the formula is generally to subtract 15 MHz (not kHz), but that only applies to certain frequencies, not all of them (866 MHz - 869 MHz, for example).

adanvdowaya

Thanks I have put in the frequncies that are posted in RR as well as the groups for fire and Ems. I'm still having trouble with hearing them. Could this be due to the fact that I'm using a RS Pro95 or do I have to do the formulation on each of the frequencies that fall between the 866-869 Mhz band? From what I understood was that with the EDAC system it shouldn't make a difference what radio you use.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are no frequencies that fall between 866-869 MHz anymore. Whatever frequencies you had programmed previously, I suggest you wipe them all out and start from scratch using the frequencies on the database page I linked. Remember that the frequencies must be entered in the same channel # as they appear in the database, i.e. 01 - 854.9625 must go into the scanner's Ch 1 for the bank, 12 - 859.9875 must go into Ch 12, etc. You can't just add all the frequencies randomly, it won't work like that, EDACS systems are dependent on LCN's corresponding directly to the scanner's Ch #.

adanvdowaya

thank you that might be the problem.I've got ch1 in 500 instead of 501 slot. Is that the problem?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yep, you got it. It seems counter-intuitive to do that, but start your programming on channel 501 and follow the LCN precisely

best regards..Mike

adanvdowaya

Didnt work. I cna listen to PD and school security as well as the rest. But as for Fire and EMS nothing

cg

Premium Subscriber
Having programming errors relating to LCN will not give you some agencies but not others. Any agency can use any frequency. You may have a programming issue with talkgroups or not have the system set up properly.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.