rebanding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello my question i have both the uniden996t &the gre-500. both have the newest firmware updates. when rebanding starts in my area can i do this manually by hand. changing things over. i do not want to get software, would like to know if this can be done manually with both scanners, and if this can be done could i have some steps as to how to enter this for both scanners. this is for newcastle county. thanks for any ones help with this.

N8IAA

Rebanding just means that the frequencies for the systems that are presently in the 860Mhz band, will be in the 850Mhz band. All new scanners in the last two-three years do this. Especially the two that you mentioned. Look in the Wiki here on RR for an explaination how this works.
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

tes151

I'm new to this digital scanning. Just what does rebanding ready mean? I just bought a brand new PRO-106 2 days ago. If I want to scan an 800MHz trunked system, do I have to change something on my scanner, or is it already done due to the fact that it's new?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Put simply, it means that the firmware for the scanner can handle the new frequencies that are calculated by the scanner that result when rebanding takes place. I'd read up on the rebanding article in the wiki - that will make clear what is going to happen, and basically how...

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

rmiller818

I'm new to this digital scanning. Just what does rebanding ready mean? I just bought a brand new PRO-106 2 days ago. If I want to scan an 800MHz trunked system, do I have to change something on my scanner, or is it already done due to the fact that it's new?

Depends on the system you are trying to monitor.

Rebanding (from our scanner standpoint) is only an issue with Motorola Type I/II systems.

If you are listening to a true P25 system, you don't need to do anything.
If you are listening to an EDACS or LTR system, all you have to do is put the new frequencies in the proper LCN order and your good to go.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
If it is a Motorola Type II system (not full P25) you will need to change the tables in the scanners per each system. Just like for UHF and VHF Type II systems. I know for a fact you can change them by hand on the PSR-500 by choosing custom data tables under the advanced menu of each system (I've done it for two systems already). I don't know what to put in the tables so I can't help you there but there is a thread about rebanding tables somewhere on here. I don't know if any other scanners can have custom tables put in by hand either.

I hope I gave you enough info, if you have any more questions you can PM me or ask here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See the Delaware forum, where I asked about the state rebanding. Looks like it's hit quite the snag.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.