TRX-2: Reception Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch618

I just got a new TRX-2 and I'm having a problem receiving a P25 system in the next county. The system I'm trying to receive is Anderson County S.C. on Palmetto (P25). I live less than 4 miles north of the county line. I can hear this system every now and then but mostly I just see an S in the display. I didn't think I would have a problem hearing this system this close. I can't use an outside antenna so any advice you could give would be appreciated.

ecarvalho

Not sure what the issue maybe there but I'm wondering if this is perhaps an overload issue with an extremely strong signal. Could you try using the attenuation and see if you have better results?

budevans

Something you might try. Turn the squelch all of the way down (to off). If this does resolve your issue. You should next, slowly turn up the squelch to find the point where it kills your reception. Then back it off a bit.

I have an issue with my TRX-1 and the squelch setting. I live a quarter of a mile away from the nearest P25 tower. If I set the squelch higher than the 9 o'clock setting, my P25 reception is lost. My others scanners don't have this issue. I've sent a bug report to Whistler.

Good luck.

Mitch618

I entered all the control channels one after the other using fn+0 and the last one I tried, 853.1625c, gives me 4 solid bars with the last bar flickering. If I'm getting this kind of reception on a control channel, Why am I not getting any better results?

Mitch618

When I put in a Wildcard on Palmetto P25, I can hear a lot of clear traffic, Including the Anderson County talkgroups that I can't hear when monitoring the system itself.

Mitch618

I was just looking at EZ-Scan and a message popped up saying there was a DSP update. I let it update the DSP to version 3.1. This made things worse. I downloaded the DSP update from Whistler and tried to apply it. Now what little I do hear on the wildcard sounds garbled. Could this be a fouled-up firmware issue and if so, how can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.