Rechargeable AA Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
Need some good rechargeable batteries for a couple scanners. Can i get some recommendations?
Have a HP2 and Whistler 1040.
Thanks in advance.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
EBL batteries have given me very good service both on AA and AAA sizes in various radios.

whooey

Eneloop Pro's, worth the extra $$$, do not skimp as these batteries can be charged over 1000 times. I have been using them for a few years in my GRE PSR 500 and they last a good 10 hours on a full charge. Also, if you can do not charge them in your scanner, get a good dedicated charger.

DJ11DLN

Another vote for Eneloops. That said if you are on a budget I've had very good luck with Harbor Freight Thunderbolts. I just can't pass up a bargain, LOL.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Eneloop Pro's, worth the extra $$$, do not skimp as these batteries can be charged over 1000 times. I have been using them for a few years in my GRE PSR 500 and they last a good 10 hours on a full charge. Also, if you can do not charge them in your scanner, get a good dedicated charger.

According to the manufacture the Eneloop Pro's are only good for 500 charges, whereas their regular Eneloops are good for 2100 charges.

Panasonic Eneloop Batteries
Battery Lineup - Panasonic

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have used regular Eneloops in my scanners, and most everything else, for years and still do. Recently I started using the EBL AA's and I am pleased with their results as well. I use the Eneloop charger for the EBL's.

I900D658

i use durcell duralock hr6 ni/mh 2500 mAh comes with there charger and i get a good ten hours and i have been using the same six batteries now for eight months

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have 4 sets of 2000mAh. Running two scanners at once, with one "on deck" and one in the charger (MaHa charger). I'd say that each set gets charged about 3 times in 2 weeks (75 times a year). Two sets are about 6 years old and are charging up to about 1800 while the other two sets are about 4 years old and still charge up to 2000 (from a full discharge). A life cycle of 500 charges is really great, but all you need to do is "time share" between two sets to really increase the life.

In the past I've bought them at Costco when they have them. But I found a set of 8 (you can get others) for $18.99 on Amazon.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Whatever kinds of rechargeable batteries you use, it would behoove you to learn a little bit about them. For instance Ni-Cads are treated differently than Ni-MH, etc. There are tricks to extending the life of any of them. In addition, a smart charger will probably eventually pay for itself if you're using rechargeables.

WB9YBM

Need some good rechargeable batteries for a couple scanners. Can i get some recommendations?
Have a HP2 and Whistler 1040.
Thanks in advance.
I've had good luck at a place called "Batteries Plus"--it's a chain (although I don't know what areas of the country they cover).

Status
Not open for further replies.