Refueling exercises

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
812
Location
Cleveland, OH
But what kind of airplane would be flying as the "Steel Command Post" and transmitting on 311.000?

I hear (and sometimes see) the airplanes and they are the KC-135s and C-17s.

When AR is happening I'm not monitoring 311.000 but now I will.
 

freqhopping

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
7,166
Reaction score
3,984
But what kind of airplane would be flying as the "Steel Command Post" and transmitting on 311.000?

I hear (and sometimes see) the airplanes and they are the KC-135s and C-17s.

When AR is happening I'm not monitoring 311.000 but now I will.


171st ARW = Aerial Refueling Wing

KC-135s
 

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
812
Location
Cleveland, OH
Yes, I know what the 171st ARW is. When I said "what kind of airplane", I meant which airplane participating in the AR. I didn't realize the tankers were able to transmit on 311.000.
 

greenbean78

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
chatsworth ga
i have a uniden sds100 was wondering if there was a way to upload the air refuel in my area im just north of Atlanta Ga i think they used to be on 276.500 and 295.800
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top