Win500: Registration Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAASBRG

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone:

I have tried 8 times to purchase from StarrSoft the WIN500 software Registration Key and have used 4 different credit cards, was charged on all of them and then did not get any keys. Either the same day or the next I get an email stating that the credit card transaction would not be accepted. I tried sending emails to (Win500@starrsoft.com) and have NEVER received an email back ????

Could someone please tell me how I can pay for this and then get my Keys ! ! !

Thanks so much,

CDM

DJ11DLN

When I bought my copy I used PayPal and had zero issues, got the key within minutes of the purchase.

AngeliaR

I paid via paypal about 2 weeks ago and never received the registration key. The receipt from Paypal came right away. I've tried sending to various email addresses at Starrsoft to resolve this issue and have not received any response. Does anyone have ideas about how to contact the company other than the snail mail address that is posted?

I have used Win500 for the trial period which has now expired. I hope to get the KEY so I can program for a new area I am moving to soon.

info@starrsoft.com
Win500@starrsoft.com
Don@starrsoft.com

StarrSoft.com
1184 Deerpath Rd
Franktown, CO 80116

Thank you for any advice or assistance.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

AngeliaR

Thanks!

Thanks.

I've downloaded the PSRedit software as you suggested and am playing with it now. It seems like a reasonable substitute and for a comparable price.

I'll attempt to contact him through the whistlergroup you mentioned too.

Wish me luck.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I paid via paypal about 2 weeks ago and never received the registration key. The receipt from Paypal came right away. I've tried sending to various email addresses at Starrsoft to resolve this issue and have not received any response. Does anyone have ideas about how to contact the company other than the snail mail address that is posted?

I have used Win500 for the trial period which has now expired. I hope to get the KEY so I can program for a new area I am moving to soon.

info@starrsoft.com
Win500@starrsoft.com
Don@starrsoft.com

StarrSoft.com
1184 Deerpath Rd
Franktown, CO 80116

Since you got your PayPal receipt, I presume that your email address in PayPal is correct. That is the address that the key would have been sent to.

Be sure & check your spam/junk mail folder. When I purchased Win500 several years ago, that's where my 'key' was sent to by Yahoo's email client.

AngeliaR

Done and done

Yep. Already checked all filters and spam folders (daily) and still watching/hoping that Key will come.

In the meantime, trying to make contact and/or find an alternate solution.
Since I will be going to a new location, my current programming won't really be helpful much longer.

Thanks though... not everyone would have looked anywhere but the standard inbox.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
He has done this before as well (disappear, still take payments and not issue keys).

I would definitely dispute the charge(s). And another thumbs up for PSREdit and support from Mike!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
He has done this before as well (disappear, still take payments and not issue keys).

I would definitely dispute the charge(s). And another thumbs up for PSREdit and support from Mike!

:mad: I viewed Don as one of the fathers of modern scanning years back. The work he did developing software for the GRE line of scanners really added value to their product at the time. To disappear from time to time is ok. To still have a site up and a method to take payments without supplying the key, is NOT ok.

DonS

PayPal registrations

PayPal recently - around 28 Jun 2018 - changed some of their security settings. Their servers and my web hosting company are no longer playing nicely together, so WinXX keys are no longer generated automatically.

Credit card transactions - those that do not go through PayPal - are not affected.

I didn't discover this until this past weekend. As of this morning (31 Jul 2018), I've manually generated and sent keys for all affected transactions.

A couple of people tried registering again (vial PayPal) when they didn't immediately receive a key - those "extra" transactions have been refunded.

I apologize for the delays and lack of response to emails. My only defense (and it's not a very good one) is that I get so many "I lost my key" emails every week that my eyes glaze over when I see "WinXX" and "key" in a subject line... and I end up passing right over the email.

I've changed the "paypal" scripts on my site to do two things:
* warn that PayPal registrations might take a couple of days to get a key
* send me a very specific email telling me that I need to manually generate a key

Again, my apologies for the delays in getting keys sent and, especially, the lack of timely response to emails about those missing keys.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Don... thank you for the explanation. I can see how that would happen... and it’s good to “see” you around.

k6taz

Premium Subscriber
Still waiting for my key to be sent. Paid via PayPal 5 days ago.

sloped39

info@starrsoft.com
Win500@starrsoft.com
Don@starrsoft.com

StarrSoft.com
1184 Deerpath Rd
Franktown, CO 80116

Did you ever get your key? I recently have had same experience

Status
Not open for further replies.