• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Relm 599A problems.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
I have both a Relm UHF and VHF portable that I use as extra/reserve radios for work. I haven't used them in quite some time. After recharging them, I found that the UHF had actually lost it's progrmming, and the VHF retained it's programming, but is now asking for a password to access it with the software. There is one small problem: I NEVER programmed a password into it! This just appeared out of thin air. Does anyone know of any work-around for this? I don't feel like trying 100,000 passwords to truy to figure it out!
Thanks for any help!!!!

fineshot1

I don't know much about the relm series of radios but i have seen
some others ask for a password when attempting to access the
tuning or adjustment menu's. Is it possible that is what the radio
is in - a menu for adjustment. If there is anyway for you to try
backing out of that menu?

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
No, it isn't possible. When I plug the radio in and boot up the software, it instantly asks for the password before I can do anything.

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
Okay, with help from Relm, I have my answer, which I'd like to share with everyone. Apreantly, when these radios haven't been use for a while (dead battery), the memory dumps. Open up the software, and you will find some 'stock' fx's in the software. Do NOT attempt to read the radio, but just upload the stock fx's to the radio. That clears the memory, including the asking of a password. After you load these stock fx's, then you can load anything onto the radios (like the saved file that I had for it), and it goes wothout a problem, and clears the need for the password.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved. The Relm is not a receiver. Please take a few extra moments to scroll down farther when choosing a forum. Thanks.

cwilliam

I hope this is the right place for my question.

I have a Relm RPV599A that I somehow erased all frequencies from the keypad. I am able to program it form the keypad, however, it now beeps constantly and I can not recieve or transmit on it. Any suggestions on this. Would I need to get someone with the software to reprogram it?

Premium Subscriber
I hope this is the right place for my question.

I have a Relm RPV599A that I somehow erased all frequencies from the keypad. I am able to program it form the keypad, however, it now beeps constantly and I can not recieve or transmit on it. Any suggestions on this. Would I need to get someone with the software to reprogram it?
I have undone that issue on a Relm but without having it in hand tough to say what's wrong. Short answer yes you need to get the windows programming kit and reload it. usascan sells the software and cable among others.

cwilliam

I have undone that issue on a Relm but without having it in hand tough to say what's wrong. Short answer yes you need to get the windows programming kit and reload it. usascan sells the software and cable among others.

Thanks, I'll try that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.