Repeater Controller Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I know I'm opening up a can of worms by asking, but I'd just like some opinions about different repeater controllers, specifically the NHRC-5, NHRC-7, CAT200B and the CAT250. I need this controller to control my 440 repeater that will also have a link radio that will need to be turned on/off via DTMF. I'd also like to have a control receiver connected as well. It looks like the NHRC-7 is going to be my best bet. What does everyone here think? Is there something better that I may have missed in my searches?

Thanks,
Scott

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I know I'm opening up a can of worms by asking, but I'd just like some opinions about different repeater controllers, specifically the NHRC-5, NHRC-7, CAT200B and the CAT250. I need this controller to control my 440 repeater that will also have a link radio that will need to be turned on/off via DTMF. I'd also like to have a control receiver connected as well. It looks like the NHRC-7 is going to be my best bet. What does everyone here think? Is there something better that I may have missed in my searches?

Thanks,

Scott

The CAT250 only has one link port, and has a 250-350ms hang time, even when the hang time is set to zero. The Scom 7330 is an excellent controller, expensive, but extremely flexible. The SARA network in Alberta is using them, they have three ports, all can be configured for full duplex, or half duplex. They are very easy to program as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.