Repeater hangup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shajen

I don't scan with my BCD396T anymore, because I am frustrated by the few frequencies that seem to be hanging up. 867.7375 and 867.4875 are just two that I have been experiencing hangups with. I live in the Claymont area, and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems?

hai_akeeba

These frequencies have been hanging for the past two + weeks. DIVCOM was e-mailed; contact possibly on vacation. I do not have a 396; but have been told that with digital end-code enabled on scanner this is not a problem.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
shajen said:
I don't scan with my BCD396T anymore, because I am frustrated by the few frequencies that seem to be hanging up.
Update the Firmware to V1.11.03 and enable Digital End Code Detection. With DECD enabled, the 396/996 don't hang. The units will continue to Trunk.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

shajen

h8tdigitalradio said:
Update the Firmware to V1.11.03 and enable Digital End Code Detection. With DECD enabled, the 396/996 don't hang. The units will continue to Trunk.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

I updated to Firmware V1.11.03 last month, and I also have the end code enabled, but the frequencies still hang up.

Thank you

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
shajen said:
I updated to Firmware V1.11.03 last month, and I also have the end code enabled, but the frequencies still hang up.
Hello,

Turn unit off. PRESS and HOLD the HOLD and POWER Keys simultaneously. The unit will make a funny sounding beep, then power up. After power up, use the menu the access the system options. Below Set End Code, will be another option: Digital End Code. This is the option you want to enable. Set it to YES.

It works fine with the 396 and 996. No issues, no hangups.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

shajen

h8tdigitalradio said:
Hello,

Turn unit off. PRESS and HOLD the HOLD and POWER Keys simultaneously. The unit will make a funny sounding beep, then power up. After power up, use the menu the access the system options. Below Set End Code, will be another option: Digital End Code. This is the option you want to enable. Set it to YES.

It works fine with the 396 and 996. No issues, no hangups.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Thanks for all your assistance! I'm back in business now. I just reviwed the firmware revision notes for the update, and if I had read those notes at the time I updated I would have seen the note on the unofficial digital end code procedure added just for repeaters that hang. Once again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.